Chapter 01

"Shhh Jayc'i okay, okay mamas." Carter chanted over and over again as he hurried and fixed her a bottle.

She screamed at the top of her lungs at three in the morning while strapped to her fathers chest.

Baby Jayc'i was only three months practically still a newborn without her mother.

Right after everything that went down Jaycean went ghost on everyone including her family. Carter was basically a single father raising all five of his kids.

Kairi and Cameron knew what to and what not to do. The twins and baby Jayc'i were hard to take care of and he didn't know how Jay did it.

Kelly helped at times because of traveling.

Carter had help from his family including Amore' who was to struggling with a four month old baby boy, Marion.

Walking around slowly as Jayc'i drank from her bottle Carter didn't understand why his wife always ran away when times got hard.

He knew he couldn't feel the pain that she was going through but he felt something, it was his bestfriend for fucksakes.

Jaycean disappeared a month after she gave birth without so much as a goodbye. This marked the third month.

After Jayc'i finally calmed downed he yawned laying on the couch. He was beyond tired but knew if he unstrapped and laid her down she would fuss.

-

The next day Cameron got up with the help of his alarm from his phone. He hurried and showered before running to his parents room then downstairs not seeing Jay. He sighed then ran back to his room picking out clothes to wear for school.

Cameron was still only seven but knew what was going on between his mother and father cause he'd often hear Carter on the phone cursing.

He missed Jaycean and hoped that she would be back soon.

Walking a little ways down the hall he knocked on Kairi door. "Sis." he called out waiting for a response. "Baby sis." he called out again opening her door.

Kairi sat in the middle of her bed wiping her eyes. "Is mama here." she asked like she did every morning.

Sighing he went and sat next to her. "Naw scrub but remember what I said."

She nodded. "She just needs time."

"Right then she'll be back I promise, she loves us." he assured her.

Heading to her bathroom he made her a bath then picked out her some clothes.

"Come downstairs when you're done."

Hearing crying in his parents room he opened the door peeking through.

"Baby Jayc'i, you're always up early." grabbing her carefully he held her head like he was taught.

Leaving out he sat her in her swing downstairs before making her a bottle. Hearing footsteps he glanced towards the stairs.

Kairi made her way down with the twins in tow. "They were up when I walked passed." she told Cam turning on cartoons.

Cartean and Kellean were both one years old. Jaycean made sure to celebrate their birthday before leaving.

"Cammy where's dad." Kairi asked sitting at the table.

Cameron hopped onto the counter to grab their favorite cereal which was Captain Crunch: Oops all berries.

"He's still sleeping. You eat while I go wake him up."