12

Hi Y'all, I started this book in 8th grade, and did not know wha a read through was, so this chapter is rather.....messy. 

it starts off in PETER'S POV, but someone switches over to Y/N. there were also some gramatical errors, but pls pay those no mind. hehe, I couldn't really write back then

-Kingdombyers (3/29/20)

(PETER POV)

I thought you'd really like it.

Y/N just stared at me in disbelief. I couldn't tell if it was the good kind of disbelief, or the bad. I assumed the best?

"H-how did you know about the open house?!" she said nervously, "The tickets went on sale today!"

I smiled smugly, and wiggled my eyebrows.

"Magic." I said plainly, "now let's go inside!"

I held out my hand to her, and she took it gently. We walked inside the huge glass doors, and went towards security. They asked for tickets, which peter showed, and sent us through security.

Joe, one of the security guards, saw me. His eyes widened, and he pulled me over to the side.

"Mrs. Stark," he said quietly, "Your father gave you strict instructions not to be here. I'm afraid I must tell you to leave."

"Joe, I'm here with my friend.. I can't just ditch him!"

"Mrs. Stark-"

"I promise I'll keep a low profile, just don't tell my dad I was here."

I stalked away, not listening to what Joe had to say. It was going to be hard keeping a low profile, since I knew every single staff member who worked in the building.

"What was that all about?" Peter asked, noting the security guard staring me down.

"Nothing. He just had to check my jacket. Apparently the metal zipper set off an alarm."

I knew that was a terrible lie, clothing zippers weren't real metal and wouldn't set off a state of the art security line. Peter seemed to buy it, but I bet it was because he was excited for the tour. I, on the other hand, was not.

"Ok.... so it says that Tony Stark is giving an introductory speech in a few minutes, so I guess we should head there?" he suggested, "it says it's in the tower's theater..."

I groaned, and set off towards the elevator. Pressing the button for the 9th floor, I shoved Peter inside, and tapped my foot impatiently. I couldn't say no to whatever Peter wanted to do, or he'll end up being suspicious.

"I take it you've been here before?" He asked, breaking my chain of thoughts.

"n-No, what makes you think that?!" I said, surprised.

"The fact that you seem to know where the theater is, and this is the first tour in the history of Stark Tower?"

"uHm, I just read the map downstairs. No biggie."

Shoot, I really need to be more careful around here. Anything I do could make someone suspicious. Thankfully it was just me and Peter in the elevator for now, what could go wrong?

"Welcome back Miss Stark, your father is on the 9th floor."

Peter's eyes widened, and he started looking around the elevator in surprise. I coughed loudly, and hit him in the shin.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?" he said, clutching the side of the elevator, "Jesus Mila, you could have broken my leg!"

"Yeah- Um sorry, Spasm attack."

"Sure..... Anyways, did you hear someone talking?"

"No."

"I could have sworn someone said 'Miss Stark'."

"Nope, didn't hear a THING." I said, repeatedly hitting the elevator button.

When the doors finally opened, I ran out and down the hallway. Peter ran after me, and I ducked behind a sign and into the theater.

"MILA!" He yelled after me.

I stumbled into the crowded auditorium, some people turning to look at me in annoyance. For the most part, it was packed with eager visitors, but I recognized some people my dad knew.

I sat down in an empty chair, and crossed my leg over the seat next to me for Peter. Speaking of him, he crawled in after me and sent me a puzzled look.

"You're acting really strange..." He whispered, sitting down next to me, "are you okay?"

"Perfectly fine Pete."

"Oh. ok."

A couple minutes passes, and suddenly the lights started to dim. F.R.I.D.A.Y 's voice echoed over the speakers, and she introduced the famous owner of the tower.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you.... Tony Stark!"

The room erupted into a roar of clapping. I sunk into my seat and tried my best to be subtle. My dad walked proudly onto the stage, sunglasses on the tip of his nose. His eyes scanned the audience, seemingly to notice every individual face. When he started to near where I was sitting, I grabbed Peters's arm and hid myself in the crook of his arm.

"W-what the, Mila!" Peter whispered loudly, causing people to glare at us.

I peeked from where I was hiding, and I saw my dad continue to talk. He was explaining something about tour guides or whatever, and I found the perfect time to escape.

"We should leave..." I mumbled, "this is really only so he can distract you from what's really going on."

"What's really going on?"

"My bet is that the staff members are setting up a ploy." I continued, "They aren't going to actually show you the tower, just the stereotypes that people think he has hidden. They close off the real rooms and open fake ones."

"Mila, that makes no sense. And besides, what even is the Stark Tower stereotype?"

"That he manufactures millions of Iron Man suits, and there are robots running the house."

"Isn't that what he does?"

"No! He only has 45 working ones, the other hundred are fakes that are meant to sell his merchandise."

"How do even know all this?"

I rolled my eyes, and stood up from my seat. Sneaking out of the room, I pulled Peter over to the side.

"Trust me." I whispered. "If you really want to see Stark Tower, just shut up and follow me."