32.

A two months later...

C H R I S T I N E

Everything finally felt normal again. There was still a hole in my heart where mom was but I am filling it with her happy memories. She would have wanted that. I was changing back into my everyday clothes after my shift at the diner. I had really missed working here beside everyone. Jennifer was a constant supporter and my personal cheerleader. She kept on my toes when things got a bit overwhelming. It brought us closer than ever.

I found cooking even more relaxing now and I felt as I was closer to mom when I cooked one of her recipes for myself or Matthew.

Matthew also has been a constant supporter. He has been there for me through everything, the sleepless night that only contained sobbing and the good nights where I felt okay and would watch a movie with him or teach him how to cook simple easy meals. My feelings were definitely growing for him and I didn't push it aside. I took my mom's advice into consideration and actually let him in, I didn't push him away and I let him see me at my most vulnerable state and he didn't run away. He stayed there and helped me through everything. I was currently getting ready to go over to his house so we can spend the rest of the day together. Ryan was going to pick me up.

I wore some skinny jeans that hugged my figure perfectly and a light sweater. We were in the middle of February and it was still freezing outside so I paired my outfit with a tan, suede coat and boots that matched its color. I let my brown hair down and bid my goodbyes to my coworkers and waited outside for Ryan.

He pulled up with a fancy black Mercedes. This car was only for special events, I knew that because Ryan got the windows tinted black so the media wouldn't see inside the windows when Matthew has an occasion to attend. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as Ryan opened the back seat for me.

"Why are we going with the Mercedes?" I asked as I got in. I waited for his answer as he got back in the driver's side. He looked at through the rear view mirror.

"Because it's a secret." He smirked before pulling the window that separated the driver from the passengers. It was pitch black I couldn't tell where we were going. The door windows were also black and I couldn't tell what was outside.

"Ryan! Open up!" I screamed but I only heard his faint chuckle. I wasn't afraid of him but I do hate surprises. I banged on the window multiple times before giving up. I tried relaxing in the back seat but I couldn't as nervousness flooded my entire system.

It was a long while till we reached the destination. I almost fell asleep. I felt bored and my legs started to cramp from sitting down for so long. I heaved a sigh of relief as the car came to halt.

"Finally." I whispered to myself. I was ready to yell Ryan's head off but instead of him opening the door, Matthew did.

"Matt?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. He smiled at me for covering my eyes with his hand. He wrapped the other around my waist and my breath got caught in my throat as tingles spread through my body. I could feel his fingertips despite the thick layer of closing. I heard Ryan backing up the car and driving away.

The ground underneath my feet felt soft and I could also hear the soft crunch of leaves. We must be in a park or something.

"I hope you know that I deeply hate being surprised nowadays." I said, his chuckles sent vibrations throughout my whole body and shiver ran down my spine as desire pooled in my belly.