Sunsets and Kisses

I couldn't comprehend what he just said to me. His father was dying. That wasn't going to change, as much as I hated it, we couldn't do anything.

"I'm so sorry" I tell him in a whisper.

He doesn't say anything, just rests his hand on my thigh.

I glance at him and notice tears brimming his eyes. His father and him had an amazing relationship. They spent every weekend together either going camping or fishing. I knew he was hurting.

"What am I going to do?" He asks in a whisper

"The only thing you can do, spend time with him, be there with him. Keep your relationship strong. And when he's not around anymore, then you can keep the memories you shared and he can live on through them. No matter what he'll always be with you, watching over you Jonas"

He nods his head. Before he can say anything the waitress comes back to the table with our entrees.
Jonas clears his throat and sits up straight.

"Can I get anything else for ya?"

"No thank you we're fine" I say

The waitress saunters away leaving us alone with built up tension between us, neither of us touching our food.

"Do you what to just take this with us? We can head home if you're not feeling up to eating" I ask him

His eyes meet mine and his eyebrows furrow.

"No lulu, I planned this out for you, I'm fine"

"Baby, you're not fine, and as much as I appreciate all of this, you need to relax too. You need to take your mind off of everything"

He hesitates before nodding his head.

"Okay"

I wave the waitress over and ask for the check and two boxes. Shortly she comes back to our table and places the boxes and check on the table.

Jonas takes out his wallet and puts a few twenty's on the table as I box up our food.

We stand up and I grab his hand and intertwine our fingers as we head outside to Bessie.

"I'm sorry lulu"

I look at him with a raised eyebrow

"I'm sorry I'm such a downer, tonight was supposed to be about you and I ruined it" he says weaken his body

"No baby you didn't" I say squeezing his hand as I try to reassure him.

"Yes I did." He says pulling onto the highway.

He started driving out of town, away from the apartment.

"Where are we going?"

"I'm making it up to you"

"Jonas you don't-"

"Yes I do" he says cutting me off.

I purse my lips and try my hardest not to argue. Instead I put on the radio and "lips of an angel" by hinder, is playing.

"Well, my girl's in the next room
Sometimes I wish she was you
I guess we never really moved on"

Jonas chuckles beside me.

"You're going to find this really stupid and cheesy, but when I was with Victoria, and you were in Europe, every time I heard this song it made me think of you. I couldn't stop thinking about you, or the kiss that Halloween. Stupid right?" He says with a smirk

My heart melted at how sweet he was.

"No that's not stupid at all, in fact it's really sweet"

He looks in my direction a grins at me. He was back to normal. And I was go glad that I could get him there.

>>>>>>>>

"You checked us into the honeymoon suite?" I ask shocked as we enter the gigantic room.

"I figured it was calm, quiet, relaxing, and private" he says in a husky voice

My face heats up. To distract myself I look around the room. To the left was a huge living room/kitchen area. The appliances are all stainless steel and the counter top is marble. The living room consisted of a gray couch, with a matching ottoman, and two gray and red patterned chairs, all accompanied by a huge shaggy cream rug. The tv was hanging on the wall opposite of where we were standing.

To the right, was a huge bedroom, it had a king sized bed in the middle of the room draped in red silk sheets with matching pillows. Next to the bed were black end tables on either side, both housing a lamp. There was a bottle of champagne and two glasses on a little table in the corner along with a bowl of chocolate covered strawberries, and a box of mixed chocolates. Next to the table was a door that led to the bathroom, it had a glass shower, and a double vanity along with a jet tub big enough for a basketball team, there were baskets filled with rose petals, soaps, candles, and oils, sitting on the edge of the tub. Back in the bedroom directly across the bathroom door, there was a sliding door that led out to a balcony, with its own private hot tub, it was furnished with flowers and plants.

And the view was spectacular, the sun was just beginning to set and the Colorado sky was filled with pinks, oranges and blue hues. Jonas joined me on the balcony wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on top of mine.

Curse my shortness.

"The view is spectacular isn't it?" He asks in a quiet voice

"Yes, it's breathtaking" I say leaning back into him.

He lets out a deep breath and his muscles relax as his body slacks.

"Thank you for this, all of it. I've really had a great time"

"You know is do anything for you lulu"

A smile appears on my face and I turn around the face him, wrapping my arms around his neck, and lacing my fingers in his hair. His hands rest on my hips.

As I look into his eyes I can see the longing he has. His emotions are always in his eyes, never his face. I had learned to read them.

"I love you" I tell him in a whisper

His brown eyes sparkle and the pink and blues hues glow on his face.

"I love you too lulu"

I stand on my tip toes and bring my face up to him planting my lips on his. His arms wrap around my waist as he pulls me closer to him. He starts trailing his hands up my shirt, his touch was making goosebumps appear.

And his phone rang.

He pulls away and groans, pulling out his phone.

I can't help but look at his messy hair, dilated and lust filled eyes, along with his swollen pink lips. I had to stop myself before I went to far.

"I'm sorry it's my mom" he says with a guilty tone.

"I'll be back inside whenever you're done okay?"

He nods at me before I make my way inside the hotel room.