12. lokitten

Have you ever had one of those days where the whole world seemed to be up against you and everything just went to shit? Loki had. For whatever reason, his magic messed up while he was assigned by the Avengers to transform into an animal to spy on HYDRA. Oh, don't worry, his cover didn't blow up. He didn't got brainwashed and turned into some killing machine. In fact, the mission went well. He got the team the information they needed.

It turned to shit when he arrived back at the compound and once he tried to transform back into his own human self, the God of Mischief was fast to learn something went terrible wrong. He couldn't transform back into himself. That's it. His magic got... stuck? And now, Loki was trapped in a body of a smol ball of fluff... a kitten.

Lokitten.

At first, the team thought it was a joke "Alright, brother, stop playing around and transform back already. Not that I miss your not-so-handsome face, but there're rules, you know. No animals are allowed in here. Your fur's making brother Stark's rug all dirty and I'm sure the Man of Iron don't appreciate it, right brother Stark?"

"Indeed. Come on, Reindeer Games. Stop playing" Tony's voice coming from behind the kitchen island as he made himself a coffee.

"What did you just say?! My fur's making the rug all dirty? How about my claws making your face all bloody?!" Already very pissed off with his unfortunate, the grumpy Lokitten outstretched his sharp claws, leaping at his brother. Though before the kitty could attack the beautiful face of the Thunder God, a pair of hands grabbed his tiny body from above and lifted him up from the ground, and Thor avoided injury. It was Bruce.

"Let me go, you dull creature! How dare you touching me with such affront. I'm a god!!" The feisty little meowing ball of fluff protested, squirming, trying to bite and scratch the scientist. Though Loki's rampage did little to no damage at all.

"So it's not a joke, huh" Natasha spoke up after inspected the situation in silence for a while.

"Damn. You really are stuck, aren't you" Bruce's voice filled with pity as he held Loki up by the neck and in front of his face.

At this point, the God of Mischief kind of stopped fighting, knowing it was useless. So he just let out a defeat 'meow'

┈┈ ❋ ┈┈

Lokitten was even more mischievous than human Loki, and the team had no idea why was that. Maybe, it had something to do with DNA? Feline instinct? Whatever. Lokitten was the perfect definition of the combination of Shock, Lock and Barrel from the Nightmare Before Christmas. He decorated Steve's bed with shredded newspaper, destroyed Tony's beloved curtains, ate Sam's last slide of pizza, put his own hairball in Thor's shoe, and the God of Thunder only learned about it when he was putting the shoe on.

It's only been a day since Loki's been trapped in a cat shell, and the list of his shenanigans went on forever. Indeed, the Avengers were going crazy. Thus, until he could transform back, this little devil ball of fluff would have to be watched closely in order for him not to be able to cause any more chaos around the compound. Though who would want to be the naughtiest kitten's baby sitter? Of course, Tony, Steve, Natasha, Bruce, Clint and even Thor had their way of taking themselves out of the burden. They were kind of the bosses here. And so the duty fell onto the younger, the newbies. Y/n and Parker were the two most suitable answers, but since Spider Child couldn't even take care of a plant without it dying within two days for he watered it with some chemicals he was experiencing for science class, y/n - Tony's trainee - was the only choice left, and the poor girl had no say in it.

"You will take care of that Reindeer Games, makes sure he doesn't cause any problem. If that meowing little devil do anything, and I mean anything, it's your ass on the line. You take full responsibility for his action. Got it? Cool!" Iron Man patted y/n on a shoulder before walking away, giving her no room for argument and before she knew it, y/n found herself alone in the living room with the smol culprit sitting like a king on the couch (Tony gave up in telling Loki no cat was allowed on the furniture long ago after he got quite a scratch on his arm) The deep green Loki held in his eyes burning hole through y/n's soul as he stared at her as though he was plotting her murder. Sighing, y/n mentally pep talked with herself 'how hard could it be?' despite deep down, something inside her told her she got a real hell waiting up ahead.