xxi. a trip

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AFTER WITNESSING HALF OF THE GROUNDER'S INTERROGATION THE DAY BEFORE, JUNE COULDN'T MAKE OUT WHAT CLARKE AND BELLAMY WOULD PLAN TO DO WITH HIM. There was no right decision to make. If they let him go, he could bring a mob of his friends back seeking revenge. If they killed him, what would happen to their humanity? The Ark had harsh laws that were enforced, but everything she has seen done was for survival. June didn't know if this was right, but she wanted them all to survive.

To keep the delinquents from fearing the grounder, everyone had their own jobs ranging from separating food, rebuilding the wall, making weapons, even slicing meat. Raven set up a screen recording radio so everyone would have a chance to speak to their parents or loved ones back on The Ark during their break. June avoided being outside, or anywhere near that tent, for that preferred reason, knowing the only people who cared about her were on the ground or gone.

June's boots made a reflecting thud as she strides through the dropship. A packet she had swiped from Jasper and Monty working, full of unfamiliar nuts, was clutched in her hand and she'd occasionally nibble on one or two at a time. They were so far the best plant that June had to eat, bursting with a strange flavor with each bite that she liked. As she swallowed and neared the opening, she came to a slow stop at the sight of Octavia leaning back against a seat with a deep scowl matching her sharp features.

"Everything alright?" June asked hesitantly, her gaze darting to Octavia's arm. She knew the scar from her cut was still there, yet hadn't understood what she had meant when she had done it; claiming that the grounder wouldn't let her die.

"Do you know if Bellamy is still up there?" Octavia questioned instead of answering, nodding her chin upwards to gesture to the top level where the grounder was still bound.

June shrugged. "I guess." If the grounder was still being kept prisoner up there, Bellamy most likely was still guarding him. Octavia huffed, a cross between anger and frustration crossing her face as she slumped in her seat. June winced at the cold shoulder, choosing to give Octavia space and leave her alone instead of asking more.

The sunlight and fresh air welcomed June as she exited, her boots meeting the soft ground as a few friends she walked by greeted her. She plastered on a soft smile, noticing the hard work that had come out of effort and working together. The rebuilding of the gate had improved since the storm, and at this point, the only threat they had besides the grounders, was freezing to death when winter came.

"June!" Clarke's face appeared out of the crowd of delinquents as June was lifting another nut to her mouth. Once her friend approached her, June could see the tired look on her face, but it was covered by one of relief. "I finished talking to The Ark. Do you plan on talking to your father any time soon?"

Tilting her head, swallowing the sorrow at the mention, June gave Clarke a half-smile. "My father died while you were in lock-up." Remorseful, Clarke's mouth opened, unable to find the words to say. June interrupted her with a head shake. She didn't want to talk about it, not at the moment or here of all places. "I'm fine. Really... Why do you ask?"