Chapter-8

Dev couldn't hold anymore, two weeks were like 2 lives and now he had to see Rolli anyhow. Making the decision , he drove to her college and messaged her about his arrival. He was ready to beg , if she wanted him to. All he wanted was her company, he wanted to live before death comes knocking at the door.

Rolli was distracted, she had been sitting with her friends for long with her mind at Dev. He hasn't called in two weeks, she wanted to shake him bad. She kind of liked his company. he wasn't like other guys who just loved boasting trying to impress a girl, he was calm and a good listener. Someone who wouldn't mind her talking non-stop.  She took a deep breath to calm the fluttering heart. Her phone pinged and the message bought smile to her face. She excused herself and ran out. Her feet halted at a distance from him, he watched her unblinking mounted on his bike and accelerating it gesturing her join him. She smiled, locked her eyes with him and took steps to him. He offered her the spare helmet and waited for her to hop on. She did but stayed silent. He accelerated and drove off, she didn't ask and he didn't  brief about the location.  His eyes moved sideways to check if she was going to put her arms around him, when she didn't her jerked making her fall on his back, ''You should learn to ask what you want.''

''When you understand what I want, why should give words to it.'' He replied. She shook her head and leaned against his back wrapping his arms around his middle. He kept driving for sometime and Rolli sat with her eyes closed and head leaned against his back, she opened them once and realised they were little far from the city. He finally stopped, ''we have reached.''

She opened her eyes and smiled to the nature around her. She stretched her arms and inhaled deep the fresh air. He walked and stood next to her,  his hands pushed into his pockets, ''Won't you ask where I bought you and why?''

''No, but if you want to , you can brief me on it.'' She replied

''Aren't you scared being alone with me?'' he asked staring no where.

''Are you scared to be alone with me?''

''Don't answer me with a question.''

''Then don't question me, I never questioned or asked for an explanation. We understood the silence then why change it. Let's just enjoy the silence.'' She replied

''I don't like silence.''

''Why?''

''Because I want the noise, I want to hear you. Two weeks without your voice felt as if time had stopped, it felt life had stopped for me, and you didn't bother to call. Not even once, didn't you miss me.'' He asked agitated. he had never spoken so many sentences in one go . His heart and self felt incomplete without her.

She crossed her arms over her chest and took a step closer, ''You have known me for a month or may be more, and you are so bothered by my absence or presence.''

''I wish I knew the reason.'' He replied looking at the shoes, kicking the air. She grabbed his wrist and turned his face towards him, ''Somethings are better left without reason. Now, where did I punch you last time?'' She asked with a smile. He pointed towards his nose, she shook her head went on her toes and pecked it.

''You could have taken the advantage of the situation and I might have kissed you.'' She teased.

''I don't like to take advantage of of anyone anytime . Truth makes things easier.'' His reply made her smile more.Placing her palms on his chest she leaned more looking up into his eyes, ''I knew you were different.''

''And how?''

''It requires lot of patience and strength to silently hear me talk and since you speak less and that makes you perfect for me.'' he pinched her nose. Wrapping his arms around her he held her close. ''I want to live before I die and you are life to me Rolli...I mean Aahana.''