Chapter 8🥀

"Why did you ask me out?" I ask. wanting to know why me. why not any other girl?

"I don't know.," he says confused by my question. he smiles his shy smile and I can't resist and I return him a shy smile of my own. "I thought it will be nice to hang out with you," he says. I stare at him, a bit confused by his answer. and before I could say something he asked me a question.

"Why did you agree?" Agree to what? To go out with him? "I don't know.," I tell him honestly. I guess he just seemed really cute, he has a really great voice that throughout the show made me smile and relax a bit.. and I obviously can't ignore the fact that he is probably the most handsome person I have ever seen in my life. Ok and maybe a little bit because he was THE Shawn Mendes and I wanted to understand what all the fuss was about.

"You don't know?" He asks, surprised.

I stared at him, quickly swallowing the lump in my throat and he smirks at me as if he was expecting a different answer from me "I mean, you seemed nice, and on stage you were amazing, you completely blew my mind away, you are so talented it's crazy... I guess I just wanted to get to know you because I feel like my friends know you, and I don't, and when you asked me out, it felt right." I tell him with complete honesty

"Wow.." He says licking his lower lip making me stare at it. I'm still trying to figure out what 'wow' is supposed to mean when the waiter comes back to our table with 2 glasses of wine and 2 bottles of wine. my face falls. They look so expensive.

The waiter pours me some of the fancy expensive white wine first, and then to Shawn.

"Thank you" I smile kindly. The waiter smiles back puts the bottle of wine he just poured on the table and walks away.

"This place is really nice" I look around at the restaurant, I feel a little out of place. This place looks kind of expensive. A little out of my budget... I'm not sure I can afford any of the things on the menu. I really hope my card won't do me any tricks and won't work. he can't know I'm practically broke.

As my focus returns to Shawn, I see him staring at me, but he isn't saying a word.his lower lip between his teeth making me gulp, he is so handsome it makes me a little uncomfortable.

"Ok this feels a bit weird.." he finally says noticing I'm a little intimidated by him. "Just, try to relax... and tell me a little about yourself," he says trying to make the conversation flowing.

"Ok," I breathe out "So as you probably know my name is Lili " I smile at him and he smiles slightly laughing throwing his head back and moving his hair from his face when his gaze returns to me "you're so cute" he giggles. My cheeks redden at his compliment and I bite my lip as an attempt to stop me from smiling.

Shawn is looking at me with his beautiful hazel eyes.. who's now sparkling and shining with the dim lighting, I can just stare at his eyes for hours.

I shake my head and I snap out of it. I swallow the lump in my throat once again. "So ugh... I'm in college right now, and I have 2 roommates. Alex and Rachel. Who btw adore you. I mean they are obsessed.." iI stop talking. Am I making things weird now? I should just shut up.

"Wow really?" he smirks at me "did you go with your friends?"

"I did"

"So how come you didn't even recognize me at MY OWN concert?" He says all arrogant... I smile at him trying hard not to laugh feeling suddenly overwhelmed and shy. "I don't know.."

The food came, Shawn ordered us both the seafood risotto and as a side dish a zucchini salad, I continued telling him about myself as we devoured our meals, hoping I won't need to pay for our meals. We talked and laughed. we ate and we drank our wine, Shawn not so much, less than a cup; he was driving, but that didn't I hadn't enjoyed the wine.