That's a Wrap [S2:E20]

| June 6 | Wednesday Afternoon |

~ Sam's POV ~

I felt anxious. Usually, anxiety was foreign to me, but I knew exactly why I felt the way I did. This was something I really wanted to work out. I wanted my new potential boss to be a hit. I wanted the venue to be awesome. The only problem was that I didn't know anyone, and that scared me.

"Babe."

I messed with the buttons on my shirt.

"Babe."

I took a deep breath as Megan walked up behind me. Her arms wrapped around my waist as she wedged her head in my neck and looked at me through the mirror.

"You look great," she said. "Stop fidgeting."

"I'm nervous."

"I know." Megan pulled back. "What time is your meeting?"

"Three." I dropped my hands from my shirt. "I should leave soon or I'm gonna think myself to death."

Megan picked up the keys to the rental. "Good luck."

"You think I need it?" I asked nervously.

"No..." Megan said with a smile. "I know you'll do just fine."

I took the keys, kissed Megan one more time for good luck, and headed out the door. If I waited any longer, I would chicken out and never step foot out of Shawn and Casey's house.

It didn't take me long to get to the venue. From the outside, it looked great. As if they had possibly done some renovation work recently. I wondered if the inside would look the same.

My steps were wide as I made my way to the front door. My heart was pumping hard inside my chest. I swiped my palms on the front of my jeans before my hand reached for the front door. I took a deep breath and silently hoped everyone here was cool.

Then, I tugged, but the door was locked.

I frowned. Seriously?

I pulled again, but realized I wasn't crazy.

I rubbed my brow and checked the email again. 3 pm, June 6. What was I missing?

I pressed my face against the glass of the door, only to see a man desperately trying to unlock it. My feet stepped back quickly in embarrassment.

The door opened.

"Sam?" he asked.

"Yes, that's me..." I introduced unsurely while offering my hand. "Am I early...?"

"No, no!" He laughed. "We just don't open the doors until five. I'm sorry. I should've made you come through the back."

Then he stood straight, letting me see he was about my height. Short brown hair sat at the top of his head, and hipster styled glasses on the bridge of his nose. A beard that I deemed too much for summer weather surrounded his lips.

He stuck out his hand, allowing me to see a sleeve of tattoos running down his arm. I couldn't help but admire them.

"Chris," he introduced. "I know we've kind of already done the name thing but, I like formal introductions."

I shook his hand in response. Okay, this guy was pretty cool so far.

"Come in, it's hot as hell out here."

I followed him into the building and took in the sight. The place was huge. A full bar wrapped around the building, and there were dining tables everywhere. Up, there was also a balcony that held more tables.