Chapter 12 - Mate Bond Kicking In

3rd POV:

Demos walked out of the meeting room of the counsel still filled with rage after the way that fool Councilman Lukras talked about his mate. Demos never really liked the guy anyway. The man always seem to try to find a flaw with Demos, but Demos lost it when it came to him talking about his mate. Just the thought of that made him grip Katherine's hand tighter. Demos heard her wince and loosen some of his grip on her.

Once they made it outside he put his arm around her waist in a protective manner and held her tight. He growled in warning when some male guards or servants came to close to them. Demos knew they were only doing their job, but he couldn't help himself his inner wolf was slowly taking over. The incident in the council building only push his wolf to surface and begin the mate bond urges.

Once they got in the hover car Katherine was pulled into Demos lap and he nuzzled her neck which she was startled by this action. She knew something off with him. His grip on her tighten when they felt the car lift in the air. Katherine became nervous never had Demos showed this much affection. 'The mate bond must be getting stronger.' she assumed.

Soon they arrived back at the palace. The door to their car was opened for them to be let out. When Demos lifted Katherine out of his lap she noticed his eyes had a hint of red in them. It was his inner wolf; he had taken some control over Demos. 'But, why now?'

Demos moved her aside and got out first and then pulled her out. Katherine yelped in surprise when Demos lifted her in his arms and carried her bridal style toward the palace. Demos held her tightly in his arms afraid that he will drop her. When they made close to the palace entrance the servants looked even more fearful than usually. It also made Katherine afraid, but she tried to keep herself calm so Demos would not notice.

When they made it inside Demos continued to carry her all the way to her room. Once inside the room he sat her down gently on the bed. Katherine looked at his eyes go back and forth a few times between his natural eye color and red. Then it final went back to his natural color.

Katherine and Demos just sat there staring at each other. Then his suddenly a glossy white yet transparent color went over his eyes. It was like he was in a trance. But, Katherine had seen this before back where she use to live. It's what they looks like when they mind link each other. The guards around her area did it all the time to communicate.

Then Demos eyes went back to normal. He had an agitated look on his face and stood up. "I have to be somewhere." he mumbled. Before he left, he came over to Katherine and held her in his arms. After a few moment of awkward hugging and nuzzling he let go and walked out the door.

Katherine's POV:

I let out a breath of relief when he left. Demos was starting to freak me out with the sudden want of affection. With the little time I been with Demos I could tell he was a heartless man and could care less about your feelings. This mate bond is making him more emotional. It's almost like someone put a love spell on him.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when there was a knock at the door. "C-Come in." I said unsure who is at the door.

Then I saw Bethany pop her head through the door. "May I come in?" She asked. I nodded.

She walked in further and shut the door. "Miss, is-"

"Bethany, you don't have to keep calling me that."

"Okay. Well..Katherine, is there anything you like to request for lunch today?"

"It doesn't matter to me." I said taking a seat on the bed.

"Okay." After a few moments of silence Bethany spoke. "Can I ask what happened today?" She asked hesitantly. I looked over at as she watched me waiting for an answer. I guess I could uses some familiar 'human company' especially with that weird behavior Demos had towards me. I patted a spot on the bed for her to sit. She wasted no time coming over to sit beside me and look eager to hear what I have to say. I could tell that she was one of those maids who like to gossip.

I told Bethany everything from the crowd outside, to the councilman, and to Demos beginning affectionate.

"Oh, yeah Master complains about him all the time. He can't stand that man, but going back to what you were saying about him being clingy." She paused to think for a moment. "I have seen something like this before. Yes it must be the mate bond kicking in. Werewolves bond kicks in rather quickly. Usually the first day they see you they want to mark you and mate with you."

"Yeah, but when I meet Demos he had no love for me whatsoever. He just treated me like property."

"He must have been trying to reject the mate bond. It is nearly impossible to fully reject it. It will only grow stronger especially for an Alpha. He will get more possessive and clingy everyday. He will probably never let you out of his sight."

"You seem to know so much about this." I mumble.

Bethany sighed and looked at me. "Yeah." After that Bethany stood up. "I stayed in here too long. I will get you your lunch." She made her way over to the door.

"I hope I did not get you in trouble."

"I hope not either, but please don't tell anyone we talked to each other."

"Why? What's wrong with talking to someone?"

She sighed. "Just don't, please." I nodded my head yet I was still confused.

3rd POV:

In his office sat Demos with his inner wolf in his mind all wild up. Demos inner wolf was getting agitated with fact that he had not marked or mated with Katherine yet. Demos could literally feel the mate bond drawing him to her. He tried to reject the fact a weak human like her could be his mate, but he could not. She was mean to be his property, his slave. Now he only wanted to hold her again in his arms.

'We need to claim her.' He heard his inner wolf in the back of his head. Demos agreed with his wolf especially with the winter moon coming up. He need to claim her in case another male decided to. His thoughts went back to mind link he received earlier reminding him about the unwanted visitors coming soon. They are coming for the Winter Moon Ceremony and the official making of Katherine being Luna.

The Winter Moon Ceremony was to celebrate having a mate and when the wolves are the most strongest. Some wolves actually wait to mate during the Winter Moon to increase their chances to have pups. Due to the fact that Winter is the official mating season for wolves. Some wolves actually mate in their wolf forms when they are mated to other wolves, not humans.

Although the Winter Moon Ceremony is for everyone to be there with their mates and Demos didn't want to be without his mate. He had to let her come even though he wanted to lock her in her room until it was over.

'We need to claim her soon.' Demos knew what he needed to do.

In due time.