Aftermath

Happy Halloween!

"How do you feel?"

Camila's voice is smooth like honey, though with a slight rasp as she speaks just above a whisper.

"Like I just got run over by a train." I chuckle quietly, though I contradict my response when I sigh contently, leaning into her touch.

When I woke up, it was slowly, as slow as her fingertips trailed up and down my forearm. It was with my back against her front, as I had fallen asleep; my head nestled in her shoulder and her arms securely yet loosely wrapped around me. With the positioning of my head, I could hear her gentle humming paired with the steady beating of her heart. If it meant I could wake up like that every day, I would do anything.

"What about you?" I quickly add, straining slightly to look up at her. When she looks down, she grins toothily.

"Horny." She states without even a bat of an eyelid. I, on the other hand, blush profusely. I'm pretty sure I never blushed before I met her.

"I can't." I sigh, looking down from her eyes and at the wall past her, "I'm exhausted."

"I know." She nods, holding me closer reassuringly and planting a soft kiss to a spot just below my hairline before adding cheekily, "You owe me one, though."

I grin, nodding and looking back up at her.

"Fair enough." I wink, watching as her tongue darts out to wet her lips.

"Ethereal."

"What?" She asks, frowning slightly.

"You. You're ethereal. Too good, too beautiful, too precious and perfect to be true."

Smiling again, this time almost shyly, she leans down to gently connect our lips and whispers, "Thank you."

Kissing her a few more times, I bring my hand up to lightly rest on her waist, expecting to feel the waistband of her jeans but instead finding that of her underwear. Glancing down, I bite my lip when I see the olive green lace that barely covers her.

When I look back up, she simply shakes her head.

"I'm fine." She reassures, "You need to rest."

"Are you sure, Ms. Cabello?" I question, eliciting a deep chuckle from her.

"You can call me Camila now, sugar." She grins, winking as I blush profusely, "Though good job on remembering the rules."

"Yeah," I mutter embarrassedly, bringing my hand back up to land on her ribcage instead.

"Hey, I didn't go too far, did I? I tend to get pretty carried away..."

I take a moment to think. Did she? Did I ever, at any point, think she'd gone too far? The answer, surprisingly, was, "No. I liked it."

"Good." She winks yet again, looping her hands together over my waist, "I liked it too."

I nod, then hear a loud rumbling coming from my stomach.

She laughs again while I only curse every god I can think of for the series of events I've just lived through.

"Hungry, baby?" She questions, and I have no choice but to nod as she obviously already knows the answer. "I'll make us some food."

"No!" I protest when she begins to move, "Stay with me, here. Let's just... stay like this for a bit."

She responds only by resuming her earlier position and planting a lingering kiss to the top of my head while I allow my eyes to softly close, entirely surrounded by her being.