Arc 5.1 Empress of Four Kingdoms

When Tian Xi opened her eyes, she was in an elaborately designed room that resembled one from those ancient Chinese dramas she had often binged back in her original world when she had absolutely nothing left to do.

It wasn't overly gaudy, but she could tell that the vases and the gold and jade statues placed aesthetically around the room were worth their fair share of money.

Looking down at her own petite body, Tian Xi found to her horror that she was extremely petite. Like, her hands were no longer those of an adult's but those of a little girl's. And, although her chest was considerably large for her assumed age, they were still quite small as opposed to what she was used to and clearly still developing.

She currently wore what seemed like inner robes, that were an extremely light lavender in color. The plain, soft and silky texture gave it away, though there were some intricate gold embroidery of flowers and butterflies along the hems of her sleeves and the bottom of her dress.

Her extremely long and straight black hair, parted right in the middle of her forehead and currently free of all accessories, draped all over the bed as she sat checking and feeling herself out.

Turning to the sad excuse of a bronze mirror on the floor that was way too blurry to even qualify as such, she could still barely make out her delicate features--long dark lashes that fanned her large dark pupils that she couldn't tell exactly what color they were due to the discoloration of the mirror. She had a small, cute button nose with a complimentary small and cute pair of plump lips that she also couldn't tell what color they were exactly, again due to the poor quality of the bronze sheet.

Her skin was very light and flawless, apparently the original must have not stepped outside too much and even worse was that there was not even an ounce of muscle on her body.

She was extremely weak, and Tian Xi could feel how sluggish her movements were.

Hopefully, she inwardly panicked, hopefully, this body isn't as young as it looks and feels...

'001, the mission details,' she ordered.

[Roger, host!]

This was a level 3 world.

She was currently in a world that had a large continent with four kingdoms and the setting was similar to ancient China, but not.

The northern Li and southern Huo kingdoms were known for their powerful armies.

Zhao was a trade kingdom in the west, while the eastern Shi was an artistic, literal, and scholarly kingdom.

Each kingdom had one Emperor who reigned above all.

The plot was set in the militaristic northern kingdom of Li. The Li Emperor had only two concubines, and his Empress gave birth to two of his most beloved children, the First Prince and the Second Princess. The male lead, Li Hao the Third Prince, was one of the concubine's only son, while the Fourth Prince was the other's.

The Emperor only favored his first two children and while he didn't neglect the other two, there was a clear bias. He only took up the two concubines because the pestering ministers refused to let him off lest they resigned.

Regardless of having taken in other women into his small harem and actually having children with them, his heart belonged entirely to the Empress. Similarly, the Empress lived up to her status as the mother of the nation as she was magnanimous and virtuous, forgiving her Imperial Husband for being unable to be completely hers. She had his heart and children. To her, these three were all she needed to be happy.