Arc 5.3 Empress of Four Kingdoms

General Long's impressive silhouette could already be seen near the entrance of the capital. Currently, Li Feifei and Li Yun had reserved a private room on the top floor of a luxurious restaurant not too far from where the female lead had been jumped by the thirty assassins sent by the Third Prince's enemies.

The room had an expansive and open balcony where the occupants could overlook all of the capital. Consequently, the people below could also see within from outside because it was an open area.

At the moment, Li Feifei was standing at the edge with her hands on the jade guardrail.

This setting was intentional, as how else could Li Feifei get a front row seat to watch both the female lead and the peerless young general's generic first encounter? The alley that the female lead was, was just to her right as the general was approaching from the left.

The female lead was injured greatly, covered in numerous cuts ranging from small to large and minor to lethal. Who knew if the blades of the swords and daggers of her assailants were coated with poisons?

But, the princess paid no heed to the female lead's well-being as she was the female lead. Even in the original timeline the female lead survived without any difficulty and even gained an extra admirer, ah!

Unfortunately, she didn't take into consideration her terrible luck, as right when the general's gaze met hers and before she could take in his gallant features, a sharp projectile immediately flew towards her direction--aimed right at her head!

Her beloved fiancé, being the gentleman that he was, simply kept his face deadpanned as if his fiancée wasn't just about to die right in front of his face; he didn't even bother warning her either.

As for Li Yun, her doting brother who was proficient in not only the scholarly arts but also martial arts, was at the door and just returning from his short trip to the bathroom and was too far from Li Feifei to help her.

That didn't mean he didn't try, though, as he launched himself from his initial spot at the door to his precious little sister who definitely couldn't protect herself! Unfortunately, the assassin's bloodied dagger was a few seconds faster than him and he wouldn't have been able to make it on time.

Thankfully, his worries were unfounded as Li Feifei made it seem as if she were surprised by her brother's sudden actions, turning quickly to face him and smoothly avoided the incoming danger as if by a total fluke.

"Yun-gege! You're finally back, ah! It was so boring without anyone to talk to for the past few minutes!" She beamed as the dagger hit the wall beside her with a resounding thump!

Below, at ground level, General Long's long and thin dark brown eyes narrowed in suspicion as Li Feifei's escape was far too close for it to just have been purely coincidental.

The Crown Prince, on the other hand, let out a huge sigh of relief as he pulled his little sister behind him to shield her from the indiscriminate debris and blades of the offensive taking place three floors below them in the remote alley that was hidden from the public's eyes in the shadows between the tall buildings.

When he saw that thirty or so swift and deadly men dressed in black were ganging up on a slender little girl who was barely holding up her own, he was immediately conflicted as to whether or not he should help her out. He only had a few seconds to consider before Li Feifei's concerned and pleasant voice sounded out beside his ear as she nudged him slightly, "Yun-gege, you should help her out! Fei-er will stay here on the third floor and should be fine, so don't worry about Fei-er!"