Chapter 46

Maya's pov

As we were walking done to the council house I knew that Nik was going to be there and it made me nervous because if Nik and Damon are in the same house there will be blood. I mean look what happened in Chicago in the bar. That little bit of hope in me thought Stefan was going to be there but then I went back to reality he wasn't going to be there. I really miss my brother...

" what are you thinking about M" Damon asked me as I turned back to reality

" Stefan" I answered truthfully because I haven't been doing that to them lately.

" I know little sister but I don't think he has his humanity off" Damon told us

" so he has his humanity on" ric asked in confusion

" I'm thinking there's another option like a dimmer switch" Damon said " but that doesn't matter because he keeps hurting the people I care about"

" you care who gets hurt? " I asked in shock

" I have a small list" Damon stopped looking at the meeting but I was more like a party

" talk about dimmer switches" ric muttered but we both heard of it and I laughed

" screw both of you" Damon said and walks into the 'meeting' and me and ric looked at each other before we walked in to the 'meeting' with Damon.

As we walked in there were waiters going all around with champagne on there trays and there were upper-class people talking about things so boring i wanted to cut my ears off.

" why did I have to come here again" I asked Damon because he's the one that told me I had to come to this event

" it has occurred to me that every time your around me when I'm with big bad hybrid he doesn't hurt me not as so much as a paper cut" he said and my face automatically blushed.

Urgh! Totally not obvious

Alaric went off to talk to his nurse friend and I just followed Damon around until we saw Nik talking to Carol and I could see Damon was about to walk up to them but I stopped him.

" if you want to walk away without so much as a papercut don't be an ass" I told him firmly and he juts nodded and walked up to them.

" hello love" Nik smirked " nice dress and Damon dashing as ever."
Sarcasm rolled off his tongue when he was talking about Damon.

" nice vest" Damon joked emotionless

" thank you very much Damon" Nik told him

" Carol don't take this the wrong way but do you know that you've been kissing ass to an immortal hybrid who ruined your son life" Damon said and I nudged him

" Damon what did we discuss over there" I whispered angry at him.

" well some might say that I saved him due to all that nasty business of the full moon and all that." he hissed at Damon then he turned to Carol. " I've never had to go through it more than twice myself but still I'm very sympathetic"

Even I had to hold back a laugh when Nik said that. It took all my effort to hold back that laugh.

Nik sympathetic? You might as well say elijah wears joggers

" klaus has promised to protect Tyler, Damon and our town" Carol said

" from who? Him and his hybrids are the one we need protecting from" Damon hissed and I didn't like where this was going already.

" well I would have no use for them if Stefan would kindly return my family back" Nik told him

" sign your divorce papers to maya and I'll consider it" Damon says and I nudged him again

" Damon" I hissed " you do not get to say that"

" not gonna happen then" Damon said firmly

" that's what I thought so I've come to the agreement with the mayor you and the council stay out of my hair I'll stay out of yours. Your town gets protected my hybrids get left alone and everybody will be happy" Nik told Damon " all you have to do is to get Stefan from decapitating my friends"

" just get your brother in line or the council will be forced to take action against him" Carol told us.

Take action? Kill him?

" you will not lay a hand on my brother!" Damon hissed and he was going towards Nik to swing at him and I stopped him.

" dam stop you'll make a scene" I told him and he back off " Nik a word"

I dragged Nik into a empty room and he looked at me confused.

" they will kill him" I told him " the council will drive a stake through his heart"

" he's out a control maya" he told me

" no he's not" I denied it

" are you trying to convince me or yourself when you say that" Nik asked me and I was silent because I didn't know anymore

" he's not out of control" I denied again

" accept that fact that the Stefan you grew up with...he's gone" Nik said in a gentle tone and then he left the room and I just stood there hoping Nik wasn't right

I sensed someone whooshing outside the window so I went outside to check who it was.

" hello?" I looked outside all over " hello?"

" sister" Stefan said in no emotion of a tone

" Stefan" I sighed and I smiled " what are you doing here"

Stefan snapped my neck and all I saw was darkness
_______________________________________

I woke up and everything was blurry and I had a pain in my head. Once my eyes focused I saw Stefan standing there and I got angry.

" why the hell would you do that! " i yelled at him as I stood up " where are we!"

"somewhere far from here so your beloved husband doesn't find us" Stefan said " don't worry we're still in mystic falls"

He got out his phone and dialled and I didn't know who until I heard his voice.

" Stefan, how lovely to hear your voice" sarcasm dripped from his tone

" I have maya and unless you don't send your hybrids away I will stake her and because of her banshi side she's more weak to it" Stefan said to Nik

There was complete silence on the phone for a minute till nik spoke
" you wouldn't hurt her she's your twin sister you love her"

" yeah I was thinking you would say that so" he was saying and he talk the phone from his ear and put it on the speaker. He put it on the floor.

He plunged the steak near my heart...no my baby.

" I just stuck the steak in her klaus she'll be dead soon" Stefan said

" OK Stefan you made your point!" Nik hissed " I'll let my hybrids leave town must give her your blood Stefan!"

" ahhhh" I moaned

" give her your blood Stefan!" Nik yelled in to the phone. I could hear my baby's heart beat since its small but it there. It was OK.

Stefan ended the call and bit into his worst and fed me his blood.

I kept drinking until I could hear my baby's heart beat more stronger I didn't care about me just the baby. I stopped when I couldn't drink his blood anymore.

" how could you?" I asked him shouting and he just sped away. I couldnt move it would take a while for his blood to work but Nik showed up.

" love" he bent down to me

" I'm sorry" I muttered

" it's OK, Stefan is your brother" Nik muttered in my ear

" not about that... I'm... Preg... Pregnant" I stuttered and I blacked out