36

[Chapter thirty-six]

-Noah-

"Dude, why is Hazel outside our dorm room, yelling, and I quote, 'Noah, you dumbass prick! Go suck a dick, you piece of chicken shit!'?" Dylan questions as I walk out of the bathroom after my shower, my towel around my hips.

"I broke up with her." I shrug, walking into my room and closing the door so I can put some clothes on.

"HALLELUJAH!" Max's muffled voice comes through the door.

I chuckle, shaking my head.

I quickly throw on my underwear and throw on a pair of plain grey sweatpants and walk out into the kitchen, not bothering to put a shirt on, seeing as I was going to bed soon.

I go and take a seat at the island.

We have pretty nice dorm rooms here. They're pretty much mini apartments. You have two or three bedrooms, depending on how many people are in your dorm, a small living room, a small kitchen with an island, and a bathroom.

"Took you long enough." Dylan states, opening the mini fridge and grabbing a bottle of water.

"It only took me like two seconds to get dressed and get out here." I furrow my eyebrows.

"No, you idiot." He rolls his eyes. "It took you long enough to dump Hazel."

"You know, I'm honestly kind of regretting dragging Nevaeh out." Max admits, taking a seat next to me.

"Why's that?" I question as Dylan braces his elbows on the countertop and leans forward on the island, across from us.

"I wanted to see her beat Hazel's ass." He shrugs.

Dylan purses his lips before nodding. "I kind of want to see that, too."

"Don't worry. It's not going to be the last time Hazel pisses off Carter, so you're probably going to get front row tickets to 'Carter versus Hazel' sooner or later." I chuckle, before getting up and stretching. "Anyway, I'm off to bed."

"Please be sooner." Max mumbles as he get up and starts walking to his room. "Please be sooner."

Dylan and I both laugh as we head to our rooms and I flip the switches for the kitchen and living room lights, turning them off.

"Night, assholes." Max yawns.

"Night, idiot." Dylan and I say in unison, rolling our eyes before we all shut our doors.

*~*

Noah, wake up.

What is it?

Go to Nevaeh's dorm.

Why?

You gotta.

It's three-thirty five in the morning.

You gotta tell her you dumped Hazel's sorry ass.

Dammit, Pablo. Shut up and go to sleep.

*~*

-Nevaeh-

I wake up to loud knocks on the door of our dorm.

"Who the fuck?" I mumble, getting out of my bed and walking out of my room. I flip the living room light on before I crack open Megan's door and see her sound asleep.

I close her door quietly and make my way to the dorm door, swinging it open, not bothering to check who it is through the peephole.

"What the hell, Noah?" I rub my eyes tiredly as a nervous-looking Noah stands in front of me in a pair of grey sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt.

"I broke up with Hazel." He blurts out.

I instantly remove my hands from my eyes and look at him. "What?"

"I broke up with Hazel." He repeats, biting his lip nervously.

Why is he nervous? Since when does Noah King get nervous?

I roll my eyes. "I heard you the first time, dumbass."

"Then why'd you say— is that my shirt?" He cuts himself off, looking down at the large t-shirt that says 'EASTVIEW VARSITY FOOTBALL' with a logo of a tiger in front of a football on the front, and 'N.KING' on the back. "I turned my house upside-fucking-down looking for that shirt when I was packing for college."

I feel my cheeks get warm as I bite the inside of my cheek. "I may or may not have taken it from your room when I said goodbye to your mum and Danny."

He stares at me for a second before shaking his head and chuckling. "Only you, Carter. Only you."

I smile slightly before going back to the reason he's at my dorm at three in the damn morning. "Pebble, why the actual fuck did you come to my dorm at three, almost four, in the damn morning?"

He stops laughing and immediately gets nervous again. "To tell you I broke up with Hazel."

I blow air out of my nose. "Why couldn't your wait until until later? You know, when I'm actually awake and functioning."

He steps inside, closing the door.

"Well, I—" he cuts himself off, looking away for a second then looking back at me before muttering a quiet "please don't punch me again".

I furrow my eyebrows. "Wha—"

I don't get to finish my sentence as Noah cups my face in both of his large hands and presses our lips together.

I freeze, not knowing what the fuck is going on.

He pulls away when I don't respond.

"Carter, I'm so sorry." He apologises quickly before furrowing his eyebrows. "The hell? No I'm not. Carter, I'm not sor—"

This time I cut him off.

I grab the front of his t-shirt and pull him down, connecting our lips. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me against him.

We pull away after a few minutes, resting our foreheads together.

"Wow." We mutter at the same time.

We stand there for a moment before we both let go of each other and step away.

There's a slight blush on his cheeks, and I'm sure I have red cheeks, too.

"Uh," He clears his throat before pointing behind him. "I should go."

"Yeah, I need to go back to bed before I pass out on the floor." I state, looking at the floor, a goofy smile on my face.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He smiles, the tips of his ears still slightly red.

"Yeah." I smile back. I bite my lip before quickly leaning up and pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Night, Pebble."

He grins giddily as he brings a hand up to cup his cheek. "Night, Carter."

He turns around and walks straight into the door.

"When did that door get there?" He mumbles before opening it and walking out.

I chuckle, locking the door and leaning against it.

"Nevaeh?"

I look up and see Megan standing in the doorway of her room.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I woke up to whispering. Just wanted to see what it was." She tells me.

I raise an eyebrow. "So you wake up to people whispering, but not to someone banging the fuck out of our door?"

She shrugs. "Who was at the door?"

The goofy grin makes its way back onto my face as I start making my way back to my room, switching the living room light off on the way.

"Noah." I sigh out before walking right into a wall. "I swear that wall wasn't there before."

"What the fuck just happened?" I hear Megan mumble to herself just before I fully close my door.

Noah and I just kissed, that's what the fuck just happened.