Yield To Me

Yes guys! An update! You're probably thinking that you're dreaming and probably lost faith in me. Sorry buuuut anyway! Updaate!

"It's the beauty that helps us return from the harshness. If it wasn't there, we would have nothing to live for."
― Scarlett Dawn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I seemed to be taking in shallow breaths, so I shut my eyes and forced myself to breathe properly. If I didn't regulate my breathing, I won't be able to think properly. Wrenching my breathing under control, I relaxed a little as my heart beat steadied.

Heart beat!

I pressed my fingers to Kiel's neck, checking for a heartbeat. A large sigh of relief left me when I felt it beating. Not as strong as usual. But it was still beating. Making a quick decision, I pulled out the phone I'd handed to Kiel and sent a call through to Derek.

He picked on the second ring this time.

Before he could say hello I spoke, "Derek, Kiel is unconscious."

"What happened?" Derek asked.

I explained as quickly as possible, telling him about how he'd suddenly lost control and there was absolutely nothing around me right now.

"Kiera." Derek said, and his voice made me snap to attention.

"Yeah?"

"Breathe." Derek said. Frustration welled before I gritted my teeth and huffed out a breath. When I did do that, I realized that Kiel was warming up again to his usual body temperature.

"His temperature is returning to normal." I said and my brain finally started working again, seeming to peek from all the cobwebs clouding it. Something finally dawned on me. God, clearly when something happens to Kiel, I have IQ skills that match a broom stick.

"His power knocked him out?" I guessed.

"Yes." Derek said and he sounded like he was going to snicker.

"Shut up." I grumbled at him, "When the hell are you getting here?"

"Much against your Majesty's wishes, we can't just up and leave. If my dad has us followed, we'll blow your cover."

I grumbled some more then cut the call before he could start laughing or doing something as annoying as that. I stared down at my mate, willing him to get up with the power of my stare. When his head moved a little, and he took in a deep breath, I let out a sigh of relief. My worry and restlessness wasn't logical, but hey, try telling that to my brain.

I leaned forward, pressing my hands to his face, I spoke softly.

"Kiel, wake up." I whispered to him.

"A few more minutes of you not waking up and I'm going to start talking to myself and rocking in a corner." I muttered to myself.

Kiel shuddered and I blinked and he was standing, feet away from me looking like he was ready to attack. I was so freaking shocked that I stared...and then I started hiccupping. I blinked. Hiccup. Oh shit.

I hiccupped again.

Kiel stepped closer and I noticed that his eyes were back to violet. Glowing violet. Pretty glowing violets. YES! I pounced off the floor and bounded right into his arms. He caught me easily, holding me below my thighs as I wrapped my legs around him.

"You're-hic-back!" I said and hiccupped again, squeezing the living day lights out of him. I could almost see the headlines on the paper tomorrow. Hiccupping Witch Strangles Vamp Mate with a Hug. I giggled. Then hiccupped again. Dammit.