Chapter 40 "Fight To The End"

Scarlett

I slowly lowered the baton I pointed at Helena, and shifted my gaze to Victoria, who was pointing a gun to my girlfriend, causing the pit of rage burning in my belly. Sensing my angry stare, Victoria immediately snaked her hand around Liv's neck and pulled her close, aiming the gun to her temple. The sudden move almost caused me to run to them, fortunately, I managed to stop myself before she could hurt Liv because of me.

"You really are something, Scarlett," said Helena, bringing my attention to her. Smiling, she strode towards me with her hands behind, and stopped in arms-length. Judging by her expression, she was goading me, probably thinking I couldn't do anything because they had Olivia and her parents. "...You managed to beat my guards, one by one, if you aren't my enemy, you could have been my right-hand man."

"I doubt that," I retorted, causing her to snort.

"Well, now that I mentioned it...I would like to give you a second chance."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I want you to join me, Scarlett, forget the Coxs. All they ever did was to put your life in danger...surely, you still value your life, right? I could save you, if you will just be part of my team." I watched her a little stunned about what I just heard. It was surprising and amusing at the same time, I didn't know what had gotten into her. She tried to kill me then, and now, she was offering me to take her side, I wondered what changed.

I smirked, "Oh Helena, if only I liked you, I would have considered your offer, but then again, I don't, and I find it rather amusing...Did you really think I would side with you?" I leaned in, reducing the gap between our faces, "I'd rather die with them, than be your pawn." She scowled, glaring at me, but I didn't back down, and returned her glare. She couldn't intimidate me, even if she had the upper hand here.

She eventually composed herself and smiled. "Well, I was hoping you'd say that, it would make everything a lot easier...I could have used your talents Scarlett, and I hate for them to go to waste, but you made your decision. I hope you won't regret it."

"Not in a million years," I retorted.

"Fine, and don't--..." before she could finish her statement, she was suddenly yanked back by none other than Violet who promptly crossed her arm around her mother's neck, and pointed a gun to her temple. Everything happened so fast that the three other women was surprised at Violet's sudden move, fortunately for me, I caught a glimpse of what she was doing while Helena was occupied.

"Put the gun down Violet!" Victoria hissed as she shifted her gun between Violet and Olivia. I could tell she was unsure of what to do as she couldn't just shoot Violet or Helena might kill her, and Liv for Helena needed her alive to play her game. We all knew how crazy The Mother could get when it came to her sick games.

"Put down yours or I'll blow Helena's head off," Violet retorted, making me look at her. I couldn't tell if she was serious or not as her expression didn't give it away. I didn't expect she could threaten her mother like that, but then again Helena was crazy for a mother, it made me think she deserved the hatred her daughter had for her.

"You won't shoot me, Violet," Helena mumbled firmly, "...you don't have the guts to shoot your own mother."

Violet snorted, "Last time I checked, you stopped being my mother...Right now, you're nothing but a threat I need to get rid of, so don't push your luck Helena," Violet retorted menacingly.

"Shoot her, Violet!" Olivia yelled, snapping my attention to her.

"Shut up!" Victoria bawled as Liv tried to squirm free. Getting distracted, I was caught off guard when Helena swiftly held the gun pointed to her, twisting herself to face Violet, and kicked her on the stomach. Acting out of reflex, I struck the hand holding the gun with my baton, forcing her to let it go as she shrieked in pain, before kicking her on her side.