Chapter 21

"Don't touch me, get away!" I hiss, pulling the sheets higher to cover my head as I try to scoot away from Sebastian. I hear him snicker lowly again, his fingers travelling up the side of my hip. I hiss another time, but he pulls me into his muscular chest and coils his arms around me securely.

"I said don't touch me! Get away!"

"Come on, Jewel, it wasn't that bad." he tries to reason softly, moving in to bury his face in the crook of my neck, but I stop him by moving my head.

"It wasn't that bad?" I roll my eyes, even though he couldn't see me. "Are you kidding me?" I huff and gather the sheets, covering my face with them tightly. "I've never heard of love-making being so aggressive and painful. Isn't it supposed to be gentle and sweet?"

"You're body is just too sensitive. Wasn't I slow and gentle enough?" he defends himself. I could so imagine him frowning.

True. My body isn't too sensitive, it just becomes sensitive to his touch. He was gentle with me, but because he was a Slade, he was still too strong for me. Sometimes I feel that our relationship can never work, but if I tell him that, he'd lock me in his room forever. The horror I am imagining. But I wouldn't mind if he was with me.

"My body hurts a lot. It's aching everywhere you touched me and everywhere you decided to leave your kiss marks around!" I whine, turning around so that I was facing his chest under the sheets. I don't want him to see my face, I feel like a child who was on the verge of crying. My body was just aching everywhere, and I wasn't feeling like myself. Something was wrong with me. Did we really have to make love? Couldn't we just do it like we always did?

Apparently not.

"Would you rather me not touch you?" he asks seriously. I automatically tense and poke my head out sharply, glaring into his eyes and making sure the sheets were covering everything that was below my chin.

"Don't even think about it." I warn.

His arms around me become more forceful and bring me closer to him. My face presses against his chest comfortably, and I hear his heart palpitating wildly. I love the sound of his heart, I don't know why but I feel so at ease when I listen to it.

"I love you so much, Jewel," Sebastian whispers, his arms around me becoming stronger, as though he wasn't aware of it. "I love you so much, I don't know what to do."

I couldn't hear my soul's content whispers for a long moment. Was that supposed to be a skipped heartbeat? I felt something strange inside me, something was bubbling up around my soul. What was that?

"I, uh... I, um,"

What's going on? Why can I not talk properly? Why am I stuttering and mumbling like this? What's going on?

"It's okay, don't fret. Try again." he said, maybe pleaded, but it wasn't commanding. It was soft and loving.

"No, forget it. It's nothing." I try to push him away from me, but his arms around me tighten. I look up into his eyes, only to stop.