LIFE UPDATE (not a chapter, please don't kill me...)

...

...

...

I'M SORRY.

(Really, I am.)

I KNOW I haven't updated in way too long. I KNOW I've been way too silent with what's going on. And I KNOW you're absolutely dying for the next chapter (I haven't been able to read any of the comments on the previous chapter without feeling a massive stab of guilt).

And, to top it all off, I KNOW you're going to be hella disappointed that this isn't a new chapter here.

But I thought I'd give you guys an update, because you have been so, so patient and you at least deserve that.

I've spent the last few days in New York City (!!!!!) for Wattcon 2018 (I was also on a panel talking about writing YA, which was very cool), and the whole time I was there, listening to people speak about how incredible their readers are and how writing on Wattpad is this amazing thing, I was just sitting there thinking "Oh God, my readers must hate me because I haven't updated in 5 months..."

TBH, even if you don't hate me, I know how frustrating it can be to wait months for a new chapter in a story you're hooked on.

So this is why I'm here. Explaining. If you follow me on social media (@leigh_ansell on twitter and instagram btw), you'll probably know why, but I thought I'd let you guys know here too.

For the record, I have NOT just been chilling and being super lazy. I have actually been super productive, because a few months ago I started off on the long' ol journey of editing the manuscript of Human Error (book 1). I've never edited a manuscript properly before, and if you guys ever have, you'll know it's a LOT of hard work. I'm talking world building, total plot restructuring and pretty much a rewrite of the whole novel.

So it hasn't been easy.

I have a full-time job too, so pretty much every one of my spare moments has been taken up with editing this novel that I'm actually super proud of, turning it into something amazing that you guys will LOVE even more, and thinking how it will all be worth it at the end.

And I'm almost there. I'm in the home stretch now, which is nice, because there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

That's when I'll revisit Human Instinct, and you can stop thinking of ways to hunt me down and force me to post the next chapter.

So I guess the moral of this little post is: I FEEL YA. I'm well aware it's a shameful amount of time not to post, but there are lots of really exciting things (!!!) going on behind the scenes right now, which take a lot of time away from my regular update schedule. One thing I CAN promise you is that it'll all be worth it in the end.

And when there IS a new chapter, I'll shout the place down about it.

Thank you so, so much for being so understanding. The comments section is down below if you want to vent (or, y'know, tell me it's all OK and I'm doing great). Whatever floats your boat.

Also, feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer them (unless you're asking for details I'm not allowed to reveal yet).

I LOVE YOU ALL!