9: Love is an Open Door

"Tada! " I said showing alya her outfit.
It was Tuesday morning,  and for once I had gotten up early.
Well Alya had got me up early so she could come over and we could get ready together.
The outfit I had designed for Alya was pure green.
It was a green hoodie and leggings with green combat boots. I designed a turtle shell backpack for her to wear.
I topped the outfit off with a pair of green and gold mask that would fit over her glasses comfortably.
"I love it! " Alya exclaimed,  grabbing it, and changing into it.
I picked up my outfit.
It was a simple dress.
The bottom half was black and had a paw print and my signature at the bottom corner. The top half was an emerald green and had a zipper that was a tiny replica of Chat's baton. I wore a pair of black flats and a black mask.  I placed a headband that had black cat ears protruding from the base on top of my head. I had left my hair down for the special occasion, butit was curled in lose spirals.
I finished the outfit by adding a purse with a long strap,  and the bag itself resembled a black cat head.
The cat had green eyes.
"How do I look? " Alya asked after she finished dressing herself.
"You look great! " I told her, turning around.
"Omigosh,  Mari! You look fantastic! " Alya said,  looking at me. "Adrien will love it. "
"I hope so. " I smiled at her.
Me and Alya walked to school together.
I had a tray of cookies that we're shaped as lady bugs, cats, turtles,  foxes, and even bee's.
When we arrived,  I notice two guys dressed up as Rena Rougue and Ladybug, sitting where Adrien and Nino usually do.
In fact it was the two friends.
Nino wore an orange hoodie that had box ears connected to the hood and had some white and orange joggers paired with some dark brown sneakers and a matching mask.
And Adrien had on a pair of simple black pants and a red shirt that had black dots on a front pocket. The shirt was tight enough so you could see the outline of his abs.
I blushed at the thought.
Adrien had a red and black spotted mask and some red sneakers.
He looked good.
Actually good was an understatement.
"Hey, guys! " Alya said walking up to them.
I followed.
"He-" They said together and then both of their jaws dropped at the exact same time.
I blushed harder looking away.
"Wow, you look great,  Mari. " Adrien said.
"Thanks." I told him meeting his gaze and smiling at him shyly. "You don't look to bad yourself. "
He smiled back at me.
I suddenly got brave and without thinking I blurted out a question.
"Doyouwanttogotothemmovieswithmetonight?"
"What? " He asked, a little confused.
I looked down feeling less confident. What if he didn't want to go with me? Or worse,  he wanted to go with someone like Chloe or worse yet,  that Lila.
I felt like pulling out my hair.
"Marinette... " Adrien prodded.
I was going to tell him to forget it,  but I remembered Chat's advice.
"Would you like to go on a date to the movies with me tonight?" I asked.
"Sure,  I'd like that. " Adrien replied,  his face now tinted with a light blush.
My face went from red to even redder.
He said yes.
Oh.
My.
God.
He.
Said.
Yes.
"Gurl? " Alya replied, waving a hand in front of my face.
"Sorry. " I laughed, smiling.
"C'mon,  let's sit down," Nino offered.
School went by pretty fast and during lunch Adrien and I finalized the plans for our date.
I almost exploded with excitement.
"Adrikins!" A blonde haired girl dressed exactly like Queen Bee exclaimed, running up to us.
"Chloe, isn't it a little.... I don't know,  narcissistic to dress up as yourself? " Alya asked dryly.
"Shut it four eyes,  or should I say six?"  Chloe asked,  acknowledging Alya's mask.
"What do you want? " I asked annoyed. Who was she to make fun of Alya?
"Not you. " She snapped.
I rolled my eyes.
"Anyways, I need a date to tonight's Hero's Ball,  and I was wondering if you'd like to go with me. Actually,  who am I kidding?  Who wouldn't want to go with me? "
"The what? " Alya,  Adrien, Nino,  and I asked at the same time.
"Hero's ball. Everyone, who is someone is going. Even Chat Noir and Ladybug. " Chloe stated in her know it all voice.
"Oh really? " I asked her. I know for a fact that Ladybug never got an invitation.
"Well I mean they didn't get a direct invitation, but the party is being broadcasted, in hopes that they will swing in. " Chloe informed us.
"What time is the party?" I asked.
"As if I'd tell you. " Chloe said rolling her eyes.  "But Adrikins, your coming with me, right? "
"Actually... " He said looking at me.  "I have a date with Marinette tonight. "
"A what?" Chloe asked flabbergasted. "Your kidding me!"
"Sorry Chloe, he's taken. " Alya said,  getting a jab in at her.
"Well when you finally figure out that I'm better than Mari-trash over there,  I'll be at home. " Chloe said storming off.
I think I saw actual tears in her eyes.
"Sorry Chloe, " Adrien apologized as she stomped away.
Adrien looked bummed that he let Chloe down.
I had to change that
"You know,  if you want,  you can go with Chloe tonight, and we can go to the movies tomorrow." I offered.
I'm not sure why,  but I felt bad for Chloe.
She seemed... pathetic,  almost.
"Marinette..." Adrien started.
"It's okay. " I smiled at him. "Chloe needs you. "
"Your great, Marinette, you know that,  right? " Adrien beamed at me.
"I try. " I told him modestly.
He gave me a hug,  then bolted after Chloe.
I sighed.
Adrien was amazing.
"normally I don't question your judgement, but.... Are you crazy? You've been in love with Adrien Argeste for like three years! And you finally give him up!  You are insane! "
"I didn't give him up, I just post-poned our date. " I told her.
"But why? " Nino asked.
"I don't know. " I replied  knowing that Alya and Nino could never understand that I did it because despite the fact that I despised Chloe with all my fault,  I could understand why she acts how she does.  All her life,  she has wanted to impress her mother, but has only recently got along with her.
I knew that Chloe needed Adrien yo fill some of her insecurities and to boost her confidence.  And also,  besides Sabrina, Adrien is the only friend Chloe actually has.
And it's not like I wasn't going to the party.
I'd be there.
Not as Marinette.
As Ladybug.
A\N I know.  Chloe,  UGG. But I'm one of the rare. MLB fans that actually kind of like Chloe,  and even though Marinette and Chloe will never be friends, I don't think that they actually hate each other.
Anyways Happy Halloween!
Xoxo ocelot101