Chapter 17: Birthday Trip

Friday
21st December 2018

8:57 p.m

Omniscient

"Look, all you gotta do is ask your wife to run a shop or something then we'll deal with the money for you

"Look, all you gotta do is ask your wife to run a shop or something then we'll deal with the money for you. Everything will be fine, my nigga." Callum said into the phone.

"I'll tink bout it I'm definitely nuh doing business wid no Russians though." Marley said into the phone in his thick Jamaican accent.

"I'll talk to you later, bro. It was nice doing business with you." Callum said.

"It was a pleasure. Now enjoy di beautiful island!" He chuckled into the phone then hung up.

Jamaica is a beautiful island. It's been a good 3 days since they left and they've got a day left. Today was Kain's birthday and they're heading out to eat first. The girls have been missing Mahogany and she's been missing them too. She's happy that they went on holiday during Christmas break and not during school because she knows she'll be lonely, spending time at the library. Instead, Mahogany's been at home either revising or just chilling with her mom.

Kain on the other hand wasn't planning on doing anything for his birthday but they all decided that they were going to go out and have some fun no matter what. He just wanted to make up with Maggie and forget what he said. He knew he shouldn't have said that but he did. Kain shoved his phone back into his pocket after calling Mahogany several times. He's been trying to call her but she's just been ignoring his calls on purpose. She just didn't want to talk to Kain, she wasn't ready.

"Alright, we heading out or what?" Natasha questioned.

"Yeah." Kain nodded his head.

"You know you should stop trying, right?" Daina walked up to Kain.

"Stop what?".

"Calling my cousin. She's not gonna pick up and you look too desperate. That's not the Kain I know. I thought the Kain I knew doesn't 'chase after girls, they chase him'." She smirked.

"Yeah, well, your cousin has changed me a little, I'm not gonna front." He shrugged.

"I'll call her later." Kain huffed and walked ahead as they began to exit the small house that they had rented out.

They all climbed into the car and Titan drove down to the club that they were going to be attending. They were all excited because it was Kain's birthday today and also because today was the last day of their visit. They'll be heading back tomorrow morning. They got to the club and it was such a vibe. Music could be heard from outside as people queued up to get in but not them. Everybody knew who Kain was because of his father and Uncles. So they got let through. Walking into the club, the DJ announced Kain's name. Claude had pulled a few strings so that everyone could sing happy birthday to Kain and everything.