Evil Takes a Human Form

We had driven back from hotel and Jonas had dropped me off at school Monday morning. He got out of the car and shoved his hands in his pockets looking at me with pain in his eyes. Neither of us say anything to each other. Instead I walk up to him and wrap my arms around him.

"Just promise you'll come back, that you won't stay away" I mumble into his chest.

"I promise lulu, I'll be back soon." He whispers pulling me closer to him.

I sniffle and fight the tears. I didn't want him to leave but I knew he needed to.

"I love you" I tell him

He kisses the top of my head.

"I love you too baby, more than anything. I'll text you and call you everyday, I promise"

I didn't know why but I felt like I was losing him.

"Be safe okay" I tell him as we pull away.

He nods his head and kisses my forehead.

"Tell your parents I said hi"

He places his hands on the side of my face.

"You're making it impossible to walk away from you right now" he says with a raspy voice

I smirk before standing on my tiptoes and kissing him, deeply. This was going to be the last time I kissed him for a whole week, I wanted to have something to remember.

A groan forms in the back of his throat and his arms tighten around my body as he deepens the kiss.

"I'm really gonna miss your body heat" I say which causes a laugh to escape his lips.

He leans down and kisses me one more time before he pulls away and holds my hands in his.

"It's not forever, just a few days. Text me when you get done with school okay?"

I nod my head.

"I'm sorry, I know why you're doing it I just-" I pause

"You just what lulu?"

"Things were finally starting to look up again, we got back together and we are happy, I don't think I can handle being away from you anymore Jonas."

"I know, but this isn't going to change anything I promise you that. And if we can wait three years I'm sure we can handle a week more" he says with a grin.

"I hate when you're right" I grumble

He chuckles and kisses me one final time.

"Now you better get to class lulu, I don't want you being late"

I pull away from him and turn on my heel heading into the school. When I look over my shoulder, I see Jonas standing there watching me with a smile on his face. I wave at him and he waves back before I turn back around and walk into the school. I can handle a week.

Right?

>>>>>>>>

"Lacey what's wrong? You've been sulking all day." Drew asks as I sit at the lunch table.

"My boyfriend is leaving for a week" I mumble

Wes appears followed by Benji, Bryce and Sid.