Chapter 12

Last night, I cooked Adam dinner as a thank you and obviously we, you know, did the dirty.

Now it's Tuesday and I'm sitting in my office doing work when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said without looking up from my computer.

"Hey there mister. Long time no see." I recognized that voice as Claire's as she sat down in one of the chairs in front of my desk.

I temporary abandoned my work and gave her my attention. She was smiling widely at me.

"What?" I asked with a waisted eyebrow.

"Oh nothing. Just you and Mr Grey yesterday. I didn't have a chance to ask about it because I was busy." She then wiggled her eyebrows and I chuckled at her.

"Yes Claire, we are dating. We didn't make it known because we didn't feel the need to." I said with a shrug.

I glanced at my watch and saw it was lunchtime.

"Understandable. So wanna go out for lunch with me?" She asked with a hopeful smile.

"I would love to Claire but I'm swamped with work and preparing for the 2pm meeting." I said regretfully.

"It's okay. We'll go out some other time." She said as she got out from the chair And she continued "Adios amigos. I'll see you later."

She blew me a kiss before she exited my office. I chuckled at her.

I got a call on my office phone and I recognized the number as the one from Claire's desk.

"Hey Claire. You just got out of my office, do you need anything?" I asked quizically.

"Oh no, there's someone here for Mr Grey and I'm sending him through to your office."

"Uhh okay." I said confused because Adam didn't have an appointment scheduled for right now and he was busy with work as well and asked not to be disturbed.

Just then, a knock came at my door and I replied with a simple "Come in".

And in came a man. He looked to be only a bit older than me. He was wearing black dress pants and a white shirt. The top button was undone. He had a bit of muscle but not much.

I had a bad feeling about this guy and I have to say, he is a tad bit intimidating.

I furrowed my eyebrows and asked, "May I help you?"

"Uhh yes, could you tell Adam that Robert Perry is here to see him" he said rather cockily.

He used Adam's first name so obviously, they knew each other personally, but how?

"I'm sorry sir but I can't let you through. You don't have an appointment and Mr Grey asked to not be disturbed because he's busy."

"Trust me, when he hears I'm here, he'll want to see me."

I just rolled my eyes and picked up my office phone and called his office phone.

When he picked up the phone, I immediately spoke without giving him a chance to question me.

"Mr Grey, I know you requested that you are not be disturbed but there is a Mr Robert Perry here that insists that I let you know that he's here to see you."

I heard a gasp coming from Adam followed him muttering something under his breath that I couldn't hear.

The response he gave me confused me even more, "Send him in." He said with no emotion in his voice and then he hung up.