Chapter 8

For the past week, Boboiboy was a ghost. God knows where he left to. They had tried to look for him, but no avail, even when the place wasn't as vast as Pulau Rintis. Boboiboy is a hard person to find no matter the circumstances.

Ever since planet Gurunda, Fang had noticed the rapid increase of his hostileness and short temper. He didn't lash out at anyone, but he kept shifting from lightning to fire when he's not avoiding everything. After nearly burning Gopal's pants, he went ghost.

It was a total accident. Gopal happened to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. It led to him being the fuse of his anger and Boboiboy sort of lost control over his power for a moment. He wasn't even aware that Gopal was behind him.

Which was abnormal. Boboiboy was aware about everything.

Putting those thoughts behind, Fang, Yaya and Ying accosted Admiral Tarung and Ciciko to examine the faux power spheres that they had brought in during Boboiboy's absence.

They didn't come out the same.

At the while, Blaze was in the laundry room once more, accompanied by Cattus and Bellbot. They had visibly hid from everyone, in fear of Blaze harming anyone with his temper.

"Are you okay?" Bellbot asked.

Blaze snorted. "Do I look okay?" He burst into gold flames. His eyes were the colour of dancing fire. His clothes had turned into a red sleeveless turtle neck and his jeans to pants. The lightning bolt had morphed into the symbol of fire.

Cattus purred disapprovingly.

"I know, Cattus. I can't control it," he apologized. "I've never been this outraged before."

Blaze's eyebrows scrunched and he turned into Thunderstorm. However, as soon as he did, red lightning cackled from his being as if a storm was brewing inside of him. It didn't work. He tried Thorn. Leaves and trees started growing everywhere. He didn't want anyone to ask why flora had suddenly been planted on metal ground in a space station, so he changed again.

He tested Solar. His fingertips was glowing so bright it blinded Cattus and Bellbot. Ice. He froze everything in a hundred-metre radius. Quake. The ground started to shake, with power trying to release itself. Cyclone. Total chaos, because everything started to form a hurricane of its own.

He gave up.

"Is there any way we can help you?" Bellbot asked kindly as Blaze returned. "There must be something."

"It's just a temporary anger," Blaze snapped, harsher than intended. "Sorry."

Cattus rubbed his cheek against his ankle, meaning that it was fine.

Blaze's mind started to race. What if someone had seen his display of power? Would they tell everyone else? Everyone here was a plague, believing that they were doing good for the universe. Unfortunately, he was part of that crazy gang and he didn't know how to get out of it.

He sighed and plopped himself against the cold metal wall. It heated up from his aura of power, but it didn't affect Cattus and Bellbot. His harmful powers only wound those who he sees as enemies.

He sunk to the ground, staring at the empty room. There was no one here, for nobody wanted to spend their quality time at a disguise. Blaze forced his anger and stress down. If he lost control, he would obliterate everything in his path, even if he didn't want to. He did not need that kind of drama.

"What am I supposed to do?" Blaze muttered miserably, turning his powers off. "Why can't I protect those who I care about?"

Cattus and Bellbot stared at Boboiboy, who was turning his mask off in front of them. He trusted them completely, even if they had just met for a week. He had chocolate brown eyes that had once been warm and innocent, an expression that was natural like a normal human boy. This was the real him – shattered and lost.