52

Rose

Three Years Later

"Are you sure you're okay darling?" My mum holds onto my shoulders gently, looking up at her trying to calm my breaths. Her once blonde hair now a deep brunette, her blue eyes vibrant and her makeup flawless. Giving her a warm smile, I'm fine, I'm great even.

"Just a little nervous." I answer her, my voice dry. She gives me a reassuring smile before walking to the other side of the bedroom, slipping on her silver stiletto heels. Looking at my reflection, I keep blanking out, forgetting that anyone else is in the room. It's just me, in the body length mirror.

The bedroom door opens and Darcy, Chloe, Lola and Kelly walk in, all looking bloody stunning.

"Oh my god Rose you look incredible!" Darcy almost runs over to me, lifting her baby blue dress slightly off the ground. She embraces me in a tight hug, soon followed by Chloe.

"You look gorgeous Rose; my son is one hell of a lucky boy." Kelly looks at me from a couple of feet away, her eyes watering and bloodshot red.

"Thank you." I answer, unable to hide the happiness that overwhelms me.

"He's not going to be able to keep his hands off you!" Lola laughs as she pulls me in for a cuddle, I squeeze my eyes tight, trying not to let any tears fall.

"Seriously Rose, my brother is going to feel like the luckiest man alive when he sees you." I pull away from her, a couple of tears falling down her make up covered face.

"I think we all know he feels like that already." Kelly steps closer wrapping her arm around her daughter's waist.

"Don't cry, you'll ruin your makeup." I whimper trying my hardest not to cry, Lola cracks into a wide smile before dabbing her face with a tissue. I take a step back, studying my two best friends, Darcy and Chloe. Both wearing silk floor length baby blue dresses, their hair long and wavy. Lola wearing a baby pink belted wrap front midi dress with matching coloured heels, her jet-black hair pin straight flowing down her back.

"What's the time?" My mum asks, pulling me out of my daze once again. My heart beginning to pound in my chest, I walk back over to the mirror.

"It's twelve thirty, it starts in thirty minutes, Rose are you ready to get going?" Kelly asks me, resting a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"I'm so ready." I answer her. Not feeling one ounce of doubt in my mind, I can't wait to see him, I was ready to do this. A gentle knock on the door stops everyone, the door opens and my brother steps in. His brown hair pushed back into a nicely styled quiff, his black suit fitting him perfectly. Followed behind him is my gorgeous niece Ava. Her pink puffy dress and floral headband making her look so delicate and beautiful.

"Rose, you look absolutely breath-taking." His voice quiet, his eyes wide. I smile at him as he walks over to me quickly, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

"Dad would be so proud of you." He whispers into my ear before kissing my temple gently. I hold back the tears as my eyes well up.

"I wish he was here." I take a deep breath, he takes a moment to just hold me.

"He is." He finally answers, giving me one final squeeze. I know he is, I can feel him. I always have but, in this moment, I know my daddy is here with me.

"Are we ready?" Kelly asks, her smile calming me for a second. The photographer quickly comes in taking a couple more photographs of us as we pretend to finish up getting ready.

I feel sick, nauseous and seriously scared, but I don't care. I am doing this, I will never question anything when it comes to him, I am ready.

Daniel links arms with me as we leave the bedroom, walking down the grand staircase, my mum holding hands with Ava in front of us
As we reach the bottom of the stairs my mum walks over to me "I love you baby." She cries kissing my forehead gently. Kelly giving me a quick cuddle next, her eyes brimming with tears as she looks at me. Lola hugging me soon after, squeezing me tight.

"Love you girl." She whispers into my ear.

"Love you too, sister in law to be." I answer her with a wide smile.

"Hell yes!" She cheers quietly before walking after mum and Kelly. Taking in a large breath, they step outside and disappear from my sight. I stand still, not sure when to start walking, that's if I can even walk.

"You've got this." Chloe speaks up, I nod my head as I bite down on my lip. Daniel leaning down whispering to Ava, her straw basket in her hands. Darcy and Chloe in front, Daniel now at my side, his arm linked with mine. The gentle sound of my favourite music starts to play.

"You ready?" He leans in whispering in my ear, his hand lightly squeezing my arm.

"So ready." I answer him, my heart racing as we begin to walk, my adrenaline kicking in to full gear. This is it, I'm about to do this, there is no going back. Stepping outside and into the warm summer breeze, I see the rows and rows of seats around the corner.

Ava walking in front with Chloe and Darcy following her, rounding the corner I take in a deep breath. My body coming to a complete halt, the view is beautiful. The lake behind the floral arch shimmering in the sunlight, white and pink roses scattered across the chairs, the grass an intense green and the sky radiant.

The crowds of people turning to look, smiles bright and full of happiness as they watch little Ava throw rose petals out of her basket, their eyes soon follow my bestest friends in the entire world, until they all land on me. It's like the air is being knocked out of my body, when I find his eyes, already locked onto mine.

Luca. My love, my best friend and my soulmate, standing on the other end of the aisle waiting for me. I'm ready. So, I step forward and I don't look back.