Chapter 48, Silent Ischemic

A/N: Warning, short kinda chapter

A/N: Warning, short kinda chapter. It's 1 300 words - which is actually the length of the chapters back at the start of TGAAGG. Nowadays I spoil ya with my 2 000 or 2 500 words. 

Blake stays quiet

Blake stays quiet. Even as Jane has her gun pointing at my head, Blake stays quiet.

Ischemic heart disease is worldwide the highest cause of death according to statistics. Ischemic heart disease is a term given to heart problems caused by narrowed heart arteries. Narrowed arteries cause less blood and oxygen to reach heart muscles which can ultimately lead to a heart attack and then death.

The more basic way to explain it, is that Ischemic heart disease is when parts of your heart shrink smaller and smaller until it can't function anymore and you die.

And right now, my heart feels so small, it can just as well not be there.

It gets hard to see with tears blurring my vision, but it's hard to miss a gun pointing at your head and the stupid guy you fell for, because you always fall for the wrong ones, standing there, not saying a word as your brains might decorate the floor any second.

Ischemic heart disease can be alarmed by chest pains, but there is another type of Ischemic heart disease. The Silent Ischemic has no warnings. You feel fine the one second and just die the next.

I wouldn't say I've been feeling fine, but I've gotten pretty used to disappointment and heartache. I've become so accustomed to the feeling that Blake can tell me to fuck off and it'll be asif he talked about the weather.

Never did I think that Blake saying nothing, would be my Silent Ischemic.

"Just leave it, Miss Marigold," Owen suddenly says, "Blake will come to his senses and remember his vow to sterling. Let the poor girl go and give things time to breathe."

I look up at the guy that's trying to save our lives. Not just his or Blakes, but ours. Mine too. Why can't I ever fall for someone like him? Someone who turns out to be good? Do I secretly just hate myself? Do I only wish upon myself the guys I think I deserve?