fifty-five

A much needed, and demanded, RECAP:

Karan is furious after he comes to know that Arvika and Vansh have been digging about his secrets behind his back. Wanting to keep Vansh out of this mess, and trying to adjust with this new strange feeling called guilt, Arvika decides to gift a peace-offering to Karan, in the form of a voice recording that contains fragments of the reason behind her mother marrying Mr. Oberoi. Karan then decides to meet Vansh, and when Vansh confronts Arvika regarding it, she denies any involvement with the reconciliation issue. In hindsight, Arnav has been getting calls from Mr.Oberoi, and lies to Arvika when she asks him about it.

*In the daily-soap recap voice* ab, aage.

||CHAPTER 55||
《¤》

Saturday morning, I had surprised Ishita by appearing at her house, uninformed. "Vickey?" She was rubbing her eyes, as she stepped down into the hallway where her sister, Arohi, and I were having a deep conversation about the weather (in Bollywood), whilst sipping on some freshly brewed coffee.

"Ab mera chehra dekh hi liya hai," I shrugged, "tho Good Morning bolne ki zarurat nahi hai."

"Shut up," she sassed, scraping out a chair to sit at the head position of the table. "Mehra Residence is two houses down the lane, if you have turned here by mistake."

Sarcasm oozed out of my smile, "How sweet of you to be my Google Maps, Ishi."

"Is this some kind of internal talk going on?" Her sister pointed at us, "Mehra, you mean Vinith?"

I opened my mouth to correct her, but sensing Ishita's all-knowing smirk in my direction, I decided against it. "Sure, let's go with that."

"What's for breakfast?" Ishita yawned, looking around the kitchen.

"Well, Ma and Pops have left for work, so since it's just you, me and Avanthi, let's go with some Bananas and Porridge?"

Arohi didn't wait for us to respond, she got up to tell their cook about it, and I turned viciously towards her baby sister who was busy laughing her heart out.

"Avanthi?" I mouthed, quizzically. "I told her my name thrice!"

She was snorting, "You're lucky she at least got your initial right. And I'm so not sorry for that."

I mimed her, leaning against the back of the chair. Ishita was overly infuriating most of the times.

"Now come on, let's go upstairs. I don't want to have some gruesome porridge for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!" She grabbed me by the hand, dragging me behind her to her room. This so wasn't the first time.

Her room, which hadn't changed much since my last visit, was messy, and since Mrs. Gupta wanted no external help to be provided for the cleaning of her daughter's room, Ishita had forced me to help her tidy it. She was a monster once you became friends, but rolling my eyes, I helped her make her bed- for some reason, I couldn't stand unmade beds.

"So what made you come knocking on my door?" She asked, sweeping up The Canterville Ghost off the floor. How did it even end up there?

"Do you like, examine every corner of your room with home work in hand?" I asked, picking up a few empty pens off the hardwood floor.

"Uhm," she gave me a sheepish grin, "the bin was too faraway." She pointed to the pink and silver polka dotted bin under her desk.

"That is because you're supposed to study at the table, not on your bed," I retort, puffing her innumerous pillows and cushions.