Chapter 28: Problem solving

James

The door slams shut and the once relatively calm atmosphere is back to how it normally is with just me and Isabella, tense. I slowly turn round to face my beautiful broken wife glancing up at her momentarily before throwing my eyes to the floor.

I'm still ashamed.

"Isabella".

From the corner of my eye I see Isabella lift her head up from her lap and hold her head up staring at me. She lets out a deep sigh before propping herself up more comfortably on the bed.

"What do you want James" she whispers brokenly. I lift my head up pushing aside my shame and guilt eager to mend what I had broken.

"I, I just wanted to say I'm sorry".

Silence filled the room once again. Either one of us unsure of what to do or say.

"It's a little too late to say sorry".

Isabella crossed her arms across her stomach, turned away from me and stared out of the window.

I let out a deep sigh out of frustration at her words, her true words. What was I to say. I have never been made to be speechless by a woman, yet here I stand unable to properly speak, clueless as to what words to say.

Running my hand through my hair dishevelling it profusely I gentle sat down on the edge of the bed scooting slowly closer to Isabella. She was still staring intently outside into the garden.

"I understand you're angry at me and I'll give you time to calm dow"-

"CALM DOWN. YOU'RE TELLING ME I NEED TIME TO CALM DOWN. YOU ARE IGNORING EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE. YOU ALMOST RAPED ME 5 HOURS AGO. YOU HAVE FORCED ME INTO A WORLD I DON'T WANT TO BE IN. YOU'VE FORCED ME INTO MARRIAGE AND HURT MY FRIEND IN THE PROCESS". She screamed painfully causing goosebumps to appear on my skin.

"I think what hurts me the most is the fact that I opened up to you about my dark past. I let you in and thought, maybe I'll give you a chance to prove yourself. I've given you so many chances and you've shown the monster you are each time. You're no different to Damien. I hate you".

I stared at her blankly still unsure as to what to say. What more could I say. As much as I hated being compared to that prick, she was right. She was right about everything. She turned her head away from me and gazed out of the window again. My fists clenched painfully turning the knuckles white at the tightness.

I reach out to Isabella hoping she wouldn't shy away from my touch, but she instantly snatched her arm away from me and shuffled further away from me on the bed. I pushed back the urge to let out a dark growl and teach her a lesson, but I've taught her enough. I need to release this anger before I scare my angel even more than I already have.

"Isabella, I'm very sorry". I spoke out firmly to her not appreciating her attitude.

"If you were sorry you would let me go". She angrily muttered. She tried to sound abrupt and intimidating, but it sounded cute.

"That's not possible and won't happen. I'm sorry for all that I've caused you, but I will not let you go. I'm sorry if that upsets you, but that's life. You belong to me and that's how it will always be". My tone was cold and harsh, but I tried to be soft and gentle yet she wasn't as responsive.

She let out a deep breath and shook her head slowly from side to side in disappointment. She will get used to it eventually.

Pushing myself off the bed I stood up to my full height and stared at her tiny frame. Clicking my head from side to side I inhaled a deep breath of cold air before clenching my teeth tightly. How about I pay a visit to Tom in the basement. I feel like lashing out on someone. Not saying another word I head towards the door and pull it open before slamming it shut behind me.