My prisoner, my heart

Michael walked away leaving Kyra naked and alone at the mercy of his guards. His heart pulled him towards his soulmate, but his mind told him to run the opposite direction, because he knew that every passing second he was with her, his heart would forgive her and want her back, and he could not let that happen!

She done him wrong and he shall never forgive her for her betrayal. Michael walked into the library, and whipped the wooden door shut. He walked over to a chair, sat on it, and dropped his face in his hands. He could feel his heart beating wildly against his muscled chest. Revenge would be sweet, but he was wrong, he wanted her back in his arms, she was his soulmate, and he had never loved any other woman in his entire life but her.

Many times he wondered why she wasn't able to love him the way he loved her, he would have given her the world on a silver platter, but she chose to throw all that away, and of all the people in the world, it was his brother that she betrayed him with!

Michael heard commotion out in the courtyard, and lifted his body off the chair, and walked over to the huge French windows that over looked the courtyard. A crowd had formed around Kyra, and his mother, lady Lidia was there too, and she was yelling at the guards.

His mother had a soft spot for Kyra from the first day she ever met her, but his mother is naive! Anger set in his heart, as he marched to the door and opened it. Walking through the castle angrily, all he could think of is when he had found Kyra naked, and in bed with his brother!

Seething with anger, he stomped out into the courtyard, pushed his way through the crowd, and roared, "Mother! Do not get involved with my business, she is nothing but a prisoner, who has committed treason against me!" And he slammed his huge fist against his muscled chest.

"How dare you speak to me in anger, I did not raise a brute! This is your soulmate Michael, and what ever it is you think she has done to you, this is not the way to handle it. I demand you release her now, she is innocent, and if you can't see that, then you are a fool and don't deserve her!" His mother yelled.

The crowd stepped away, they saw the look in Michael's eyes and were terrified, because the last time they witnessed such animosity on him was when he had claimed to find Kyra in his brothers arms, and he went on a rampage and almost killed his brother for his betrayal.

Trembling with anger, and torn between love and hate, Michael did the only thing he could under the circumstances, he bent down and grabbed Kyra by the hair and pulled her to her feet. Motioning for the guards to step foward with the neck brace, he grabbed it and clamped it around her delecate neck, then hooked a chain inside the hoop and walked away, pulling his prisoner behind him.

He was chief and leader of his clan, and nobody, especially Kyra will be without punishment if they commit a crime. He will set the example for everyone to see, once and for all, that no one is exempt from punishment, and hoped that his mother heeds the warning, and stops herself from putting him in a position to punish her too, for although he loved his mother dearly, he would have to punish her too if she continued to disobey his orders.

Kyra was terrified out of her mind, but she walked behind Michael with her head up high. It was bad enough that she was paraded around the courtyard naked, but to be pulled by chains like a dog? How dare he, she thought angrily, and without thinking of the consequences, Kyra grabbed the chain and pulled it back.

Michael stopped walking, and slowly turn around, did she just pull the chains and humiliate him in public? The crowd stepped back, and there was an eerie silence all around them, as they waited to see what will happen next.

Michael pulled the chain roughly, and Kyra fell to the ground, every part of her body was aching, but she pushed herself slowly up again, and stood before Michael. The huge crowd gasped with surprise that she was bold enough to do that.

Michael's heart pounded against his chest violently, Kyra was putting herself in danger by her actions, and she did not know it, he thought wildly. As a leader, he now had to punish her with capital punishment if she humiliated him one more time publicly. A part if him prayed that she would stop retaliating and save herself, but another part of him wanted desperately for her to do one more thing so he can punish her, and teach her a lesson, one that she will never forget!

"Kneel before me, and beg for mercy!" He roared, and tugged on her chain.

By this time Kyra was crazy with madness that she didn't realize the danger she was putting herself in. "I will not!" She yelled at the Prince.

"I said kneel!" He roared again through gritted teeth.

And Kyra did the unthinkable, she spit in his face. The crowd went wild, and someone held Michael's mother back, because it was evident that she was about to anger her son even more. Everyone knew that lady Lidia, loved Kyra like a daughter, and would do anything to save her.

There was rage building inside Michael, and he shut his eyes for a second and the vision of the day he walked in his brothers chambers, and found his betrothed in his arms played before him. He remembered the pain that twisted in his heart on that day, and how he tried to end his life, because the pain was unbearable. He remembered how his brother yelled at him and told him that it wasn't what it seemed, but she was in his arms naked as the day she was born, what else was there for him to think?

Focusing his attention back on Kyra, he watched as she was digging her own grave without knowing it. Let her continue to defy me and she will get what she has coming to her, he thought angrily.

"Kneel before me wench!" He roared again, and pulled her chains and she fell to the ground, but Kyra's stubborness which she has always claimed that came from her Scottish blood, took control of her, and she slowly picked herself up again.

There was a coldness in her eyes, as she stood before Michael, he remembered that look in her eyes, eight hundred years ago when he told her to leave the castle grounds and never come back.

Now she was back, and she was his prisoner. It was time to pay the price of betrayal. Michael pulled the chain again, and she dropped to her knees.

"You have set the punishment upon yourself by your own actions, you will get three lashes without mercy!" He snarled, and then motioned for someone to bring him the whip.

Kyra watched in horror as another warrior brought the Prince a whip, and Michael prepared himself to strike her. 

"Let this be a lesson to each and everyone of you, that no one is exempt from capital punishment if you defy the laws!" He said loud and clear, making sure that everyone heard him. And then he dropped his cold eyes down to Kyra, threw her a half smile, and watched as Kyra shrank back from fear.

Raising his arm back, he whipped the first lash as hard as he could, and watched with a cold heart as it sliced into Kyra's skin.

Thank you for your votes and comments. Xoxoxoxo