Chapter 27

Adelaide

This is so embarrassing! How could this happen! I've been sitting in the bathtub for an hour now. I didn't take any clothes with me or anything for my period. God, my period! I can't believe this happened! And he kept looking. How can I face him now, after everything last night and now this! *sniffle*

Knock knock! Oh no! It's him!! What am I supposed to say or do?? "Addie, honey. It's me Alexandra" I let out the breath I was holding in without knowing. " I am okay Alexandra" I don't know why I didn't ask for clothes, I guess I didn't want to see anyone right now. " I brought you some clothes and pads. Open up" how did she know? Did he tell her? Can this be more embarrassing? Might as well tell the whole kingdom now! Fucking shit! Eghk! I can feel my emotional turbulence coming.

I get out of the bathtub and cover myself with a towel. I open the door. "hi, sweetie. How are you feeling?" She says while handing me the clothes and all kinds of toiletries. I turn around so she doesn't have to look at the scars on my body. "thank Alexandra" I look at her face and she gives me a sad smile. I gulped trying to get rid of the knot in my throat. I feel tears on the verge of spilling.

Every time I look or think about the scars I feel my heartbreak. This marriage isn't what I wanted but it is a hundred times better than staying with my father. Dominic was a little cold, stone-faced and probably deathly dangerous, but his actions towards me were only kind. I have to focus on the positive things if I wanna get through this. I can't deny it anymore, Dominic isn't bad at all. He is handsome, kind and considerate. And I have Alexandra too. I didn't have anyone at home. Home? It doesn't feel right to call it home. I don't really feel like I have a home really.

Click! I look at Alexandra and see that she left and had closed the door. I pat myself dry and start putting on the dress she had brought. The crown was there too, and supposed to wear it at all times? I brush my hair and put on the crown. I take a deep breath and open the door. When I open the door the room is completely cleaned and Alexandra is sitting at the chair in the window looking out.

When she hears me she turns around and smiles. "I am glad you finally finished" she smiles brightly at me. I just smile. "everyone is waiting at the dining table. are you ready?" she asks. "everyone?" I gulp. She nods "the elders and their wife's, friends and family. they want to meet their new queen officially" I start to brush my hair with my hands and pat my dress. " I am not properly dressed, look at my hair" she smiles. "don't worry they're all nice, they don't care about appearance" I look worried at her. "come on" she drags me. I wince still sort from last night. "oww, can you slow down a little?" I say. "oh sorry"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter
Remember to vote and comment
See you in the next chapter