Chapter 16

***

***

As I stand before my parent's marble urns, I look into their loving faces now framed beside the two jars.

This will be the last day I'll be wearing my mourning hanbok. I took a deep breath as I lift my violin under my chin.

They introduced me and my brother to music making me even more grateful than I already am. Without music, I might be a mess right now.

My brother stands on the side wearing his suit as he watches me stand infront of our parent's urns infront holding my violin.

This is the least I can do.

I started playing in sync with my tears falling.

(Please play the video if you have time. I cried the shiz out of me listening to this cover and imagining Hyun mi play this at her parent's last day of mourning, it really gets me. This track is from Scarlet Heart:Ryeo OST part 9 entitled Will be Back. If you have time, search for the lyrics too.)

°°°

"I told you oppa, I'll be fine here," I argued to my brother as he sits down on the sofa.

It's been a week since our parent's last mourning and Jungkook was given a week to accompany me.

This is his last day with me here and I just can't say yes to what he was saying. It just sounded so ridiculous to me.

"You can stay at my apartment in Seoul since I stay in the dorms with my members," he said furrowing his brows.

"Don't worry about me oppa. Besides, I still have my classes to attend to," I said leaning on my door frame.

"I promised mom that I will look after you. Just don't be so stubborn for once please," he said growing impatient with me.

I walked to where he is and sat beside him leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Oppa, music is my life already. What do I have in Seoul? I don't want to start from scratch again. I've worked hard to enter that Performing Arts school. Mom and dad wanted me there too," I said trying my best to make him understand.

By the mention of our parents, he just sighed and faced me.

"Fine. Only if you promise me one thing," he said after tilting his head to the side.