Under Surveillance

A fluff break for you all from that angst.

(This was written way before The Gift)

(And this was supposed to be funny, but eh)

*****

Sean Lew was freaking tired.

He could practically feel his body starting to give up on him, but his mind was wide awake, partly due to jet lag, and partly because he couldn't just sleep in this very important moment of his dear friends. So he was allowing himself short moments of recharge beside DJ Marv on the booth before any of his friends pull him into the dance floor again.

And before he asks her to dance with him.

"LET'S ROCK THE FLOOR TONIGHT!!!" Marv, slightly tipsy, suddenly yelled into the mic, causing Sean to jump and clutch his chest.

"Jesus, Marv," Sean complained, rubbing his chest. The jetlag still isn't giving his senses any good.

The guests – his friends – cheered as a remix of Pills and Automobiles blasted through the sound system, and CJ led the dance in the middle of the floor, along with the others who learned the choreography.

"You coming kid?" Marv asked Sean, but didn't wait for his response as he removed his headphones and left him for the dance floor.

He watched as the newlyweds Will and Janelle started a cypher, creating the energy they usually ignite during their classes. Everyone participated, even if they were in their tuxes, dresses and heels, and his eyes darted to find who he was looking for.

A sense of peace and contentment spread throughout his chest as he spotted her, happy that she was enjoying herself tonight. She was clapping and cheering as Tahani took the center, and even with the blue light, he knew her cheeks were red from laughing and smiling too much.

She looked so beautiful tonight, and he had to tell her that soon, before he combust into flames for containing all those feelings inside of him. His eyes swept over her beautiful curls, sweet smile and her dress, and he had this urge to go and sweep her off her feet and take her in his arms.

Soon, Sean. Soon. He told himself.

He didn't go anywhere near her ever since he landed on LA a couple of days prior; sure, they call each other through Face Time when their schedules and his energy allow, but for Sean, seeing her through the screen wasn't enough. And when he saw her for the first time that morning – he felt he was sucker punched right in the face.

Kaycee Rice was radiant.

It took his entire will not to break away from the entourage and just steal a kiss from her even in front of the crowd. But of course, he couldn't do that. At least there were 200 pairs of eyes in the venue, and one in particular can lead him to his early death.

He was drawn back to reality when Marv took his place back in the booth, panting, and announcing to enjoy the rest of the night before changing the playlist into a much slower one.

"Recharged?" Marv asked the tired teen but noticed that his eyes were transfixed to a particular girl across the room. He smirked, and snapped his fingers in front of his eyes. "Yo!"

Sean jerked from his trance.

"Go get yo' girl," Marv said, pushing him away from the booth, and Sean cleared his throat before straightening his tux and made his way to her.

And that's when he felt that ominous feeling of someone looking at him from afar.

You're just going to ask your girlfriend for a dance. There's nothing wrong with that, he told himself.