Clues

Dylan's POV
The boys and I pull up to The Giant's mansion. I get out of the car and slam the door. I stomp up to the door and slam my fists against it three times. A tall guy opens it.

"What do you guys want," he asks skeptically.

"Take me to Toby" I command and he raises his eyebrows.

"Why should I do that," he asks. Cockiness filling his voice. I growl.

"Because I'm Dylan fucking White. So take me to see your sorry ass leader" I demand. Venom lacing my voice. I see the man's face drop. He bows his head.

"Of course Mr. White," he says. His head still bowed and I scoff. He steps inside and I follow behind him. We reach a door with the engraving T.C. on it. The man knocks on the door.

"Yo Toby" he calls.

"What is it?" Toby's voice calls from inside.

"Dylan White is here" he replies. There is silence for a few seconds.

"Send him in" Toby's voice calls again and the talk guy opens the door. I step into the clean office. The walls are all white and Toby has a cream carpet. Something I didn't expect was the baby cradle in the corner with a sleeping infant in it. I stop and stare. All of my plans of anger and torture leave my head.

"Beautiful isn't she?" Toby asks from his desk. He's sitting behind a massive stack of papers. There are bags under his eyes. From what I can only assume is the baby waking him up during the night. He looks happy through all of this.

"Yea" I reply awkwardly. We stand in silence for a while. The only sound is the steady breathing of the baby. Toby stands.

"I am so sorry," Toby says and I tear my gaze from the child.

"What?" I ask. Wondering how he found out about Olivia.

"For being the distraction," he says.

"I understand now," I say motioning to the baby. He smiles. And turns to the cradle.

"Yes, I couldn't let anything happen to her" he sighs and turns back to me. I just nod.

"So why'd you come, Dylan?" He asks. Returning to the seat behind his desk. I take the seat in front of it.

"They got her" I croak. This is the first time I'm admitting to it and I can't. Toby looks at me with sorrow filled eyes.

"I'm so sorry," he says. I just nod unsure of how to respond.

"I thought you might know who got her?" I ask. I let hope peek through. Toby sighs.

"No" he replies. "I was never made aware. One night Esmeralda was missing with a note on her crib and that's all I got".

"Can I see the note?" I ask. He nods and stands and opens a drawer in his desk. He pulls out of paper and hands it to me. I stand as well.

"If something happens can I count on you?" I ask.

"Anything Dylan" he swears. "I'm sorry it came to this. I just had to put her first" I hold out my hand and we shake them. I turn to leave but not before taking one last glance into the room. Toby is sitting next to the crib and smiling down at Esmeralda. I sigh.

"Let's go, boys," I say as soon as I've exited the house. Julian just nods and drives off. I turn the note over and over again in my hands. I want what Toby has. Someone to keep him sane. A family. And that's why I need my Olivia back. I swear to everything that I hold dear that I'll get her back.

"I swear it to you Olivia Riley"

Ok, so I've currently obsessed with the book Two Gangs and the Golden Girl. It's so well written and has such a unique plot. I seriously recommend it. Also, shout out to AimeeGreenfield for all the great comments ❤️