Part 7

London
Singhania Mansion

It was a bright and sunny day

It was a bright and sunny day. A soft knock on the door disturbed Khushi from her peaceful slumber.

Khushi "Who is it?"

Karthik "It's me. May I come in?"

Khushi "Hmm."

Karthik walked inside all dressed for the day "Happy Monday." He smiled. "And a very good morning."

Khushi "Why are you at my door so early dressed like that?" She eyed his formal attire.

Karthik "We have work to do." He smiled brightly.

Khushi "Not today. My body and mind are extremely exhausted." She turned over.

Karthik "Gives me more reason to pull you out of your bed. You need distraction." He sat at the end pulling out the comforter off her body.

Khushi "Karthik I want to stay alone today."

Karthik "No you don't. I'm not going to leave you alone today. You can't hide Khushi. Specially when you yourself agreed to his, well, request." He sighed.

Khushi "I'm not hiding." She sat with a thud. "I just don't know how to behave around him. I don't want to be rude but I can't be that sweet old Khushi.

Karthik sighed "No one is asking you to be her. Just." He held her hand. "You need to let your guard down and see for yourself where this goes."

She pulled her hand abruptly "It's not going anywhere. I just agreed to spend time with him so that he can have his memories and I can have mine."

Karthik "Really? Let's see about that." He narrowed his eyes then rolled them. "Khushi you love him."

Khushi "I do." She got out of bed rolling her hair in a loose bun. "I am not going to deny that."

Karthik "Then what's the problem?" He made her sit down forcefully. "You love him. He loves you. He hates his family. He adores me, your only family. Everything is perfect. You guys don't have to go back to India ever again. Stay here in London. Live your life like you dreamed."

Khushi "It's not that simple. Wait, why does he hate his family?" She frowned.

Karthik sighed "That's his story to tell not mine. I'm sure he's going to tell you everything sooner or later." Khushi hummed in response. "I'm sorry K." He looked away feeling awful. "I just wanted you to be happy. And I know this, the situation may not be perfect right now but it will be alright one day. You'll see. You both deserve this."

Khushi cupped his face "I know." She kissed his forehead. "I just want my peace back." She looked outside the glass window.

Karthik "Don't you feel a little bit at ease? Knowing that he didn't betray you?"