Pain and regrets

Unbearable pain surged throughout Kyra's entire body. She held the tears back that threatened to spill, not wanting to show weakness in front of Michael, she would not give him the satisfaction! Kyra slowly tried to push herself up, and Michael crazed with madness that she still insisted on humiliating him, whipped the leather whip again, slicing it in the air, and watched as it cut deep into her back, drawing blood as it marked her back with scars.

Lady Lidia cried out loud for mercy, but her youngest son placed his huge hand over her mouth, and whispered in her ear to hold her tongue. He did not want his mother to be caught up in this terrible mess. He knew that his brother was trembling with rage and was not himself at this moment. He knew of all the pain and suffering his brother went through when Kyra betrayed him, but he also knew that she was innocent, but his brother Michael was blinded with pain, and could not see the truth.

Kyra did not know where she found the strength, but she did, and again she pushed her broken body slowly up. Their was a gasp from the huge crowd, as they admired her courage. No one has ever stood up to Michael ever before, and this delecate, beautiful, flower had the courage and the strength to stand up on her own two feet knowing that he will destroy her. They hoped that her punishment will end soon, for they have always loved this spirited young woman, from the day she had walked into their kingdom eight hundred years ago.

Michael knew that he should stop before he killed her, but his anger got the best of him. "You just gave yourself by your own actions two extra whippings!" He snarled with satisfaction, and watched as Kyra face turned ashen, and at that second, his heart remembered the love she had for him when she was in his arms. He remembered how she smiled at him from across the room, when he came to her after a hard day in training. He remembered when she whispered for his ears alone that she loved him with all her heart and soul, and he closed his eyes and harded his heart. Even after all that, she still betrayed him!

He took a deep inhalation of breath. Watching her suffer by his own hand, wasn't giving him the satisfaction that he thought he would get! He wanted nothing more than to take her in his arms and make love to her, but if he stops punishing her now, he will lose the respect of his people. He is their Laird, and as such, he needed to show them that he is a strong leader. How will they respect him if he shows weakness, after she broke the law and committed treason?

With a heavy heart, he prepared to strike again, there were three more lashes left, but as his hand lifted in the air his brother Edward, the one that had betrayed him with his soulmate, pushed his way through the crowd and grabbed the leather whip in mid air, as it was about to cut into Kyra's skin.

"Are you mad, you are going to kill your soulmate!" He roared thunderously. "You act out of anger, and can not see what you are doing!"

Michael's cold deadly eyes focused on his twin brother. There was dead silence everywhere as the two brothers faced each other and stood in a warriors stance. They were identical twins, but for the different color in their eyes, everything else was same.

"Go away brother before I kill you right here, this is your fault to begin with! You have no loyalty to me, and you have destroyed our family with your womanizing, and betrayal. The only reason you still live is because you are my brother, and mother begged me to let you live! But don't think that I would hesitate today to stick a knife in your heart and end your treacherous life, for your betrayal destroyed any love that I might have had for you!" Michael growled.

"Then you are a bigger fool that I thought!" Edward said, and he turned around, and his eyes fell on Kyra. Why would anyone want to hurt her in this way, he thought, as pain  claimed his heart. She has done nothing wrong. His brother was a jealous fool who was blinded with rage when he walked in on them eight hundred years ago, and assumed the worst.

Thank you for your support. Xoxxoxoxxoxoxxoxo