Chapter 4

The adorable waffles POV

I sat against the headboard of my bed (that's what its called right? XD). I sigh and stand up. I go over to the window (I almost spelled waffle XDD) and look outside. All I see below is some of the grass then the entrance to the woods. I sigh once again and move away from the window and go to my hatchets that were leaning against my wall. I grab them and attach them to my belt and go out of my room. I go downstairs quietly and see Masky had fallen asleep. I pass by him and look at him. I shake my head with a small smile and go outside. I'm met with a cold breeze outside. I go to where I had practiced throwing my hatchets when I first got here. I grab my sharper hatchet from my belt and throw it at the tree, remembering to flick my wrist, and watch as it quickly hits the tree. I go up to the tree and try and get the hatchet out. No luck.

"God damn it." I growl to myself. I grab the handle of it and try to yank it out. It moved a little. I move the handle back and forth a bit until the hatchet finally comes out of the tree. I go back and throw it the same way, grab it again, and repeat this process until it started to get dark. I grab my hatchet again and go back inside. I shut the door and see Masky emerge from the kitchen.

"Toby! There you are! Where the hell were you?!"

"Uhh... O-Outside..?" I answer confusedly.

"Oh.." Was all Masky said and we stood quiet again for a minute or two before Masky speaks up once again.

"Why did you apologize earlier?" He asks.

"Huh?"

"You said sorry earlier." He says. I remember I did say sorry and I look down.

"I-I just kinda g-guessed you.. Were kinda t-t-touchy about the v-video project when I b-brought it up..." I mutter. Masky chuckles.

"Well, you're not wrong about that. I am kinda touchy about it. But.. Whenever I or someone else mentions Jay.. I.. Just.. Break down, I guess. Sooo sorry for making you worry..?" He says.

"Are the o-others not back yet?"

"No. But they should be coming back tonight." I nod and go upstairs into my room.

MAGICAL TIMESKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY PAPAYAS!!!

Toby's POV <3

I hear Masky yell something. Being the curious teenager I am, which I'm 19 (idk if that's even a teenager age XD), got up and went out of my room and go downstairs.

"Fucking hell!!! Are you fucking kidding me?!?!" He yells.

"Masky..?" I ask quietly and he jumps. He turns around to look at me.

"Toby! What did I say about scaring me!" He scolds. I look down and he sighs.

"Sorry. I'm pissy right now." He apologizes.

"Er.. Did ya need something?" He asks. I silently nod.

"W-What's wrong..?" I ask. He looks taken aback from my question, like nobody's ever asked him that. Masky looks at me and smiles, as he had his mask off.

"Pft. Thanks for caring Toby. And nothing's wrong. Slenderman just said they'd be gone longer than planned so I'm basically just stuck with you." He grins. I smile a little bit.

"Buut since you asked me a question, I guess it'd be fair if I asked you one, right?" Masky asks. I nod.

"Why do you have that thing over your mouth?"

"Y-You mean m-my mouth g-guard?" Masky nods.

"I-I wear it to cover the g-gash on my left cheek..." I mumble.