Learning To Love Him 8

Chapter 8

*****

*Jayden*

I walked through the hotel lobby looking for something to do. Sean had announced that Benjamin's station wagon had broken down and it would only be fixed by tomorrow afternoon, so here we were: stuck and I was bored out of my mind.

I wandered around aimlessly until reached the elevator was ready to go back to my room but as I was about to push the button someone smashed into me, I stumbled but ended up tripping over my own feet and falling onto my butt before the person began apologising profusely.

"I'm so sorry, I just left my phone..." he stopped as I looked up and my eyes met a man that looked around twenty-five... Quite a few years older than me, but then again Corey was two years older than me as well, that was just two years though. "Uh... I-I'm really sorry." He held out his hand. The man was attractive. He had nice hazel eyes, low eyebrows and his dark brown hair was gelled neatly. It was quite a contrast from Corey's messy blond hair and blue eyes. He was also pretty well built, the white button-up shirt he wore hugged his torso and the sleeves were lifted to his elbow's, the top of his shirt unbuttoned showing just how toned he was.

I accepted his hand and thanked him as he pulled me off the ground effortlessly. He was definitely not human. He raised his brows looking down at our hands before his eyes met mine.

"You're a werewolf?" He asked. I nodded.

"Nice... I am too." He said, "Brent, by the way." I looked down at our hands wondering why he hadn't let mine go yet, and then tried to pull it away but he held onto it making me look back up at him, "You are?" He asked when he was sure I had no intention of telling him, which I had not until he asked.

"Uh... Jayden." I mumbled.

"Jayden... I like that... How about I apologise for my bumping into you by buying you a drink?" He asked. He must have not been able to tell I was sixteen.

I opened my mouth to reject him with the 'I have a mate' excuse but then I stopped myself. Did I have a mate? Not really... and he was offering me a free drink here, not a ring. So what the hell?

"Make it lunch and I'll forgive you." I smiled faking confidence. He chuckled.

"Done. I was actually just going to get my phone. So, how 'bout you come with me and then we can go out?" He asked. I felt uneasy but blamed it on the mate pull. If Corey could ignore it, so could I.

"Sounds great." I smiled.

-----

*Corey*

"Where is he?" I asked Izabella. I was lying on her bed flipping through TV channels as she curled Hayley's hair. I had no intention of actually watching anything and didn't know what I was looking for; I was just bored.

"Where is who?" She asked playing dumb.

"You know who, the fag." I said.

"Don't call him that!" Hayley snapped. I rolled my eyes. Izzy shook her head at me.

"Corey, you're not like this. Why do you keep calling him names and flirting with other people when you know it hurts him? You're not even giving this a chance, no one's going to hate you if you just give him a chance." Izabella said.

"Izabella, you've known me my whole life. You should know I'm not fucking gay." I hissed.

"We know, Corey," Hayley sat on the bed beside me, "But we also know that you're not like this, you don't hurt people unless they threaten someone you love. You don't make someone constantly feel bad about something that isn't their fau –" Hayley was saying.

"It is his fault! If he wasn't a fucking fag, I wouldn't have been mated to him! You're supposed to be my best friends, and yet all I see is you taking his side." I said getting up and tossing the remote back onto the bed.

"We're not taking his side, we just don't want you regretting this decision and we don't want you to turn into someone you're not –" Izabella tried.

"Whatever." I cut her off, "Let's just get to the Peaks, get this shit over with and then pretend it never happened." I said.

"Corey –" I left slightly slamming their door behind me. I stopped in the hallway when I heard laughing. His laughing, as well as someone else's.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow then?" I looked down the hall to see Jayden with some man that was clearly older than anyone he should be with. I frowned. What the heck? Where did he find the guy anyway?

"Actually... I'll be leaving tomorrow," Jayden said.

"What time?" The man asked. I felt jealousy surge through me but tried to fight it, I hated the mate bond. I wasn't in the least jealous.

"Sometime in the afternoon." Jayden shrugged.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow morning then, at nine, we can have breakfast." The man said.

"Alright." I fought to control my urge to attack that man, I could clearly smell that he was a werewolf and I didn't like him at all. I didn't have a problem with them doing whatever the hell they were going to do, well, except the part of me affected by the pull. I just had a bad feeling and did not want anything to mess up what we were on our way to doing.

The man kissed Jayden's cheek before he left, before a grinning Jayden turned to walk to his room but paused when our eyes met. How he didn't feel that I was behind him before he turned around was beyond me. Perhaps he had, and he ignored it? I would have done the same thing.

"Nice boyfriend. You better not get marked before I fix this." I said. He rolled his eyes as he began walking toward his room, towards me.

"Don't tell me what to do." He said before attempting to walk by me but I grabbed his arm.

"Don't –" I froze as I felt his power, which there was practically none of! "You're an Omega?" I hissed. Instead of answering me, he attempted to pull his wrist from my hand but I held onto it tighter. "Answer me!" I snapped.

"Yes! Not that it's any of your damn business!" He said.

The Gods must really hate me. First, my mate being a guy and then him being the weakest werewolf in his pack. What the fuck?! How could I, a Beta – and a fricking powerful one at that, be mated to a fucking Omega?!

I grit my teeth as I shoved him back. He stumbled and hit the wall like the weak excuse for a werewolf he was before he tried to straighten up.

"You know he's probably just using you, right?" I asked glaring at him.

"Like you use all the girls you're with?" He spoke before stumbling back because he knew I was about to hurt him.

"Don't get smart with me. We both know I could kill you." I stepped forward and he flinched back when I lifted my hand. I laughed letting my hand fall back to my side. "You're fucking pathetic. I'll be amazed if the witch manages to find another mate that actually wants you when I fix this." I mumbled.

He didn't answer me. He just looked down and I felt his pain create an ache in my chest. I enjoyed it. Making him hurt. There was something about how I could take him from being happy to crushed in just a few minutes. I felt like I controlled him...

"Have a nice night, 'Mate'." I smirked giving his cheek a soft pat instead of a smack before I chuckled walking away.

*****