Waiting 待っている

The medic team rushed in Y/n and began to hook an IV, her parents tried to go in with her but the doctor didn't allow them to do so. Shoto patiently sat in the crowded waiting room, and saw y/n's parents come back.

A frown painted his face, and gloom washed over him. "I'm sorry" was all he thought, he couldn't believe he hurt his girlfriend. If only he could've controlled his urge to win, this wouldn't have happened. Did y/n even want to see him anymore?

He placed a hand over his burnt eye, why did he have to use his father's side? All he did was hurt y/n severely and instead of walking out, he brought her in a stretcher into the hospital. God was he stupid. His hands balled up into fists and he hit his knees countless times, until he couldn't feel them anymore.

The doctor walked out minutes after their arrival to the hospital. "For Y/n L/n?" Her parents stood up, and so did Shoto. They walked up to the doctor, "y/n can accept her visitors now, she's in a coma at the moment so please just enter in an orderly manner and try not to disturb her as much. Her room number is 104." Shoto's heart sunk to the bottom of his stomach, he had done this to her. He felt the guilt wash over him. The three of them walked up to the door, they approached the door at the end of the hallway and entered quietly.

"Y/n.." Shoto whispered to himself he looked at her, all bandaged up, arms, legs, part of her torso. He sat besides her and held her hand gently, the only thing making noise in the tension filled room was the machine allowing them to listen her heart beats.

Y/n's parents looked at their daughter, she was still beautiful even if she was dressed in a white hospital gown. Her resting face, undisturbed by the noise. She looked like an angel.

There was a soft knock on the door, "oh! I didn't realize the doctor allowed visits for y/n. I'm Yuri, Y/n's nurse." She bowed down respectfully and was greeted by her parents, Shoto looked at her and back at y/n. He gave her a cold shoulder, but a very warm expression to y/n. "Oh! Aren't you Shoto Todoroki? I saw you in television at the sports festival for U.A. I gotta admit you're super cool!" Yuri showed high fangirl enthusiasm, but Shoto didn't care. He ignored her and kept his attention on y/n.

The doctor came in, "sorry, but visit time is over. You can come back tomorrow to see y/n" Shoto stood up and walked out with y/n's parents. He softly sighed and felt an arm around him, "it'll be okay, Shoto. She'll be out of the coma before we know it" y/n's mother said to Shoto.

The next day, Shoto walked after school to visit y/n at the hospital. He couldn't bare to look at the empty seat besides him in the classroom. As he approached the door, he heard a familiar voice. "Hey Todoroki-kun!" He turned around to be greeted by Midoriya. "I wanted to come by and see how Y/n is doing! Hopefully she's accepting visits today" Todoroki nodded and together they walked in.

Todoroki checked both him and Midoriya in and walked to y/n's room. He quickly walked over to Y/n and held her hand, she was freezing cold. He held her hand with his fire side and warmed her hand and worked all the way to all her body.

"Wow Shoto, she took a big impact huh? It's not like myself that I just go to Recovery Girl and heal" Midoriya said as he looked at Todoroki. "Yeah, she's fragi—" a knock was heard and a familiar presence to Todoroki entered the room. "Hi Todoroki, I see you're back to see y/n?" He ignored her, her voiced seemed annoying and so did she.

She didn't acknowledge Midoriya who was right there besides her, instead she focused more on Shoto. "So... Todoroki, are you—" "not interested." He replied coldly to Yuri. Midoriya excused himself and left the room, leaving Yuri alone with Todoroki. He held y/n's now warm hand and kissed it, as well as her forehead. "Please wake up soon.. I miss you sweetheart."

Yuri stood behind the couple, arm's crossed. She was quirkless and had to work a normal job while she studied at a regular people high school. She got the job as a 'nurse' due to her certification and grades allowing her to work despite her being 16. She held a crush on young Shoto ever since his first appearance at the relay in the Sport's festival. Seeing him here was like a dream come true, but to her luck she had some to see a 'female friend.' Jealousy swept her and began a deep hated for the girl who's in a coma before her.