3.1 (Part 2)

The living room was buzzing with post-show adrenaline. The guys greeted us with sweaty hugs, and full smiles. Grace and I sat on the couch, Michael plopping down next to her, whispering something in her ear that made her laugh. Calum carried over boxes of pizza, setting them on the table before joining Ashton and Luke on the other couch. Everyone dug in at once, the guys inhaling one whole pizza before Grace and I even touched a slice.

Luke walked over to the stereo, filling the room with Greenday as we all sat around laughing. In this moment everything felt right. There were no worries surfacing my mind, no anxieties tugging at my strings. Life is made of moments, both good and bad. Engulf yourself in the good moments while they last. Take life one moment at a time. Right now, I wish I could live in this moment forever.

“You know Grace,” Calum said with a mouthful of pizza, “We don’t know much about you.”

Grace shrugged, leaning over to grab her fourth piece of pizza. Michael’s eyes followed her, filled with hunger (for the pizza or for her I wasn’t sure). He looked as if he could take her right there.

“We could play truth or dare,” Grace suggested, biting into her slice. Everyone nodded, an anxious atmosphere slowly spreading.

“Keep in clean boys,” I raise my eyebrows, but they all roll their eyes.

“No promises,” Calum wiggles his eyebrows at me. “Truth or dare?” He gives Grace a devious smile. She picks truth, not looking even the slightest bit concerned. “Are you a virgin?”

Wow Calum way to keep it clean…

“Nope,” Grace shrugs, glancing over at me with a calm demeanor. The guys were eyeing her up more closely. She already told me the story. Just your typical drunk hookup, but it was only once. The only thing she could remember was the regret she woke up with.

Grace opened her mouth to ask the next question, but was cut off by the sound of the doorbell. Every one exchanged confused glances. Luke got up and walked over to the door, opening it slowly. I groaned quietly, Chloe and her closet minion, I think her name is Casey, strutted through the door. Chloe wrapped her arms around Luke giving him a quick ‘happy birthday’ hug. My fists clenched the side of the couch.

“Who invited her?” I mumbled to Grace. She shrugged, looking as shocked as I was. I glanced over at Calum, his face has fallen, eyes on the floor. Ashton on the other hand was smiling, beckoning Chloe over to sit between him and Calum. He was eyeing her up in a way that made my stomach drop.

“I overheard there was a party,” she smiled, sitting between the two of them. Calum shifted uncomfortably as Casey sat on his other side. Luke shut the door, hesitating before just taking a seat on the floor across from the two couches. Calum nearly dived off of the couch to join him.

“We were just playing truth or dare,” Ashton leans back on the couch, Chloe sitting dauntingly close to him, her fake eyelashes fluttering in Luke’s direction. “Its Grace’s turn.”

“I suck at this,” Grace shakes her head, hands rubbing her knees anxiously.