Chapter Four [Determined]

C A L I

"You short on money again and I can't keep giving you this shit man" I tell one of the crack heads I sell too. He looked at me before waddling off and I sighed and leaned against the wall. I'm tired of this shit I ain't making enough money and I gotta stand out in the sun all fucking day.

"You look like you hate your life nigga" Eli said walking over with Cal and I smacked my teeth and wiped the sweat from my forehead.

"This shit ain't for me, y'all got it easy you already got parents who make lots of money and you do this shit as a choice but I have no other option, I've filled out so many job applications and all got denied" I said honestly.

"In four years when we on top and making more money then any mother fucker around here you'll be glad you decided to not quit and flip burgers. It takes time and patience" Cal said and I shook my head.

I ain't plan on becoming a kingpin that just ain't for me. I still had nightmares about the day I caught my first body and I didn't understand how these niggas can act like it don't phase them at all.

"Nah in four years my ass gone be in college or something I can't be getting caught up in this" I tell them and they looked at me like I was on some other shit.

"Well that's you, but aye I'm about to make another sell and then we can bounce" Cal said walking away.

Eli and I got in the car to wait and I used that time to go on Instagram and scroll through my feed and my eyes landed on Alijah fine ass.

"Bruh I'm really checking for Alijah" I confess looking at Eli and he clapped his hands and turned to look at me with the biggest grin.

"Bruh I'm telling you that girl is so fine, you know if her and Rome get cool im gonna try and holla" he said and I scrunched my face up.

"Nigga did you not just here me say I was checking for her? Back the fuck up for you get smacked the fuck up" I said growing annoyed as I looked through her pictures. Her most recent one was from thirty minutes ago and she was at the mall.

"You can't check for a girl who ain't checking for you" Eli said and I smacked my teeth as Cal got in the car and looked at the both of us.

"Let's go to the mall, got some stuff I wanna check out" I said smirking to myself. Calvin nodded and and started the car driving off. I ain't never pursued a female this hard before but I was gon do it until she came to her senses.

"Cal you'll get mad if either of us try and talk to your cousin?" Eli asked glancing back at me and I mugged him.

"That ain't my business, but it's a lot going on with my Fam and she might go through a lot when she find out the truth so it'll be in your best interest not to" he shrugged and I smirked to myself.

"Cali we cool you like my brother but she's family, don't do her wrong if she even wanna talk to" Cal said and I shrugged.

Half an hour later we were pulling up to the mall and I ditched them while they went into footlocker and set my eyes on this thick brow skin girl coming bout of the Gucci store.

"Hey ma, you looking good as hell" I mumbled walking up beside her and she smiled and pushed her hair behind her ear.

"So let me guess, you want my number?" She asked and I smirked and grabbed her arm stopping her from walking.

"I wasn't gonna ask you but if you gon give it to me I'll take it" I shrug and she held her hand out causing me to hand her my phone. I watched her lick her pink lips and type away before giving it back.