Chapter 40 - Tumultuous Outburst

A little pre-note:

This has been the hardest thing for me to write. After reading all your point of views I found myself swinging between extreme viewpoints. Many of you came up with excellent references from prior chapters. Many also came up with the character's point of views and analysis. I had an amazing time venturing into the wild jungle of thoughts. 

Hope this chapter doesn't disappoint any of the readers.

Happy Reading!

Chapter 40 - Tumultuous Outburst

"How could you Anika? How ! " He screamed the latter part of it. She was frightened at his sudden uproar.

"Shivaay I can explain. " she started scared of what was to come. 

"Really? Explain what?" He asked looking at her dejected.

"Explain what you share with this man!" He  almost roared. His nostrils flared and it was evident – the thing did not go down well with him. 

"Shivaay just hear me out. I told you not to read it because - "

"Because, you couldn't, you can't explain. " he completed.

"Listen to me!" She screamed holding his arm. 

He stared at her trying to free his hand but she held on anyway. "That was a time ago. I wasn't in the sanest mind. I was messed up and confused. I didn't know what was wrong between us. I didn't know what lay ahead in life. I was mad, depressed-"

"You wrote every word of this. Every word." He said shaking the letter in his hand.

"Fine, you wrote it when you were not in the right state of mind. Fine. I understand.

But Why is he still in your inbox? Why does he click your pictures and sends them to you saying, "my photography skills are nothing in front of you're pretty smile". Why? How far can you explain that Anika. " he had noticed that  a day back. He couldn't help but check her phone. He was insecure. He was not used to his wife giving attention to any other man except him. He couldn't deal with it, with a mature mind. No matter how well he knew she loved just him; he still wasn't okay with her being friendly with another man. Their love began with friendship. He was scared to let her be friends with anyone else. He didn't want someone to be closer to her than he was.