Crocodile Tears (edited)

Greyson gazed up at the blotches of iridescent white that speckled the charcoal sky

Greyson gazed up at the blotches of iridescent white that speckled the charcoal sky. He thought that they might taste rather ashy, like dust that would burn your tongue and cook your mouth. 

"Where the hell are we going?" he asked, sidling up to Rina and trying desperately to keep up with her unnecessarily fast pace.

"Don't use that tone with me, mister," she snapped.

"Well...wherever we're going can we please try and get their slower? I mean, what's the rush?" Greyson questioned.

Rina let out a burst of laughter.

"You seriously need to get your shit together."

"Suck your mum. You're taking me to a party aren't you?"

"No."

"Hm? A secret gathering?"

"Kind of."

"Tell me then, we don't have all day."

"Why am I even friends with you!" Rina shrieked, diving headfirst towards the ground in a spiral so steep it almost gave Greyson a heart attack. He let out a murmur of disapproval before slowly descending towards the ground.

"So...basically you brought me to a forest to get stoned? Which I will not do, by the way. Get stoned, I mean. You can do it by yourself if that is what your malicious heart so desires."

"We're not here to get stoned! We're here to listen to an inspiring speech about beating the world's evil and prevailing in the war," Rina scolded.

Greyson rolled his eyes. 

"There is no war! What the hell do you think you're getting yourself into?" he snapped.

"Geez! Where's the wild, crazy Greyson we've all come to know and love? How're the scars healing anyway?"

"They're doing great. I personally think it makes me look tough, but mum says I look like I've been scratched up by a wildcat. Not everyone shares my immaculate good taste you know."

Rina stared him up and down. 

"You look like a fifth grader on steroids. Pick up your pace or we won't make it there until the meeting ends."

Greyson murmured a half-hearted complaint before following her through the thick vegetation. It felt like they had been walking for hours before they finally arrived at their destination. A wide, shallow swamp with algae collecting on its surface spanned the forest clearing, surrounded by towering trees whose branches shifted lazily in the breeze. Hazy waves of mist curled up from the water, creeping out of its liquid prison and into the free-spirited air.

"Are you sure you didn't bring me here for a romantic picnic?" Greyson asked mischievously, picking a newly bloomed flower from the marshy earth and tucking it behind Rina's ear. She replied to this romantic gesture by brutally murdering the unfortunate flower and tossing its remains into the swamp.

"Rina! Who's your friend?" a loud voice called out.

A man with skin the color of warm blood stepped out of the shadows, a glass of wine clutched elegantly in his palm.

"Hah! We are at a party!" Greyson exclaimed triumphantly.

The man raised an eyebrow, a frown settling on his face.

"Hey! This ain't a party, we discuss serious business!"

Greyson snorted in disbelief.

"How are you supposed to discuss serious business while drunk?" he asked.

"Anyway," Rina interrupted, punching Greyson harshly on the arm, "Konani, this is Greyson. Greyson, this is Konani. Konani's head of something really unimportant, and I'm pretty sure he's a farmer, so just ignore everything he says."

"Rina! Stop corrupting the mind of this innocent child! I am so not a farmer! How many times do I have to tell you this? I am an agricultural entrepreneur!" Konani whined.

"As much as I'd like to sit here and listen to you talk about...agricultural entrepreneur stuff when are we going to discuss things about the war? Which I do not want to do. How many times do I have to say this? There is no war. There will be no war," Greyson snapped.

"You'll so change your mind after you hear some of the people there speak. And anyway, I have to meet up with Tamara and introduce you to her so you have to come," Rina insisted. She grabbed Greyson by his arm and dragged him to the edge of the swamp.

"Now jump in," she commanded.

"There is no way in hell I'm going to jump into that!" Greyson complained, staring down into the contaminated water. He felt hands grab him by the shoulder, and before he knew it pond water was sliding into his mouth and searing a path down his throat. It tasted horrible, like a strange mixture of mud and leaves.

Down he plummeted, eyes clenched shut and lungs gasping for breath.

This is the worst thing I've ever written it hurts to read it back and edit it oml. Hopefully it's better now though.