Chapter 43

Reader POV
I couldn't escape. Every turn I made, there the Rake stood, charging right at me, snarling and roaring. Drool dripping from its fangs. It's bones making cringe worthy cracking sounds as it's freakishly long arms and legs gallop towards me. It's long claws digging deep into the dirt and it pulls itself forward, lunging with every stride.
I could never seem to get away. I would run further and further, running for what seemed like hours. But I never came any closer to leaving the forest. I just became more and more lost, deeper into the woods. Fog and darkness surrounded me. My fear and panic increasing at a constant rate.
Even though I grew tired, I couldn't stop to rest as the Rake would always be right there. Even if he wasn't, he'd soon catch up. I just dont have enough time and my time is running out. If I keep this up, I would collapse from exhaustion. I need to allow myself time for rest. It's just being able to find that time in order to do so. I need to either climb a tree or find somewhere to hide. But being as my tree climbing skills aren't great. It looks like hiding is going to be the only option.

"[NAME]!"
I hear in the distance. I knew that voice instantly. It was Jeff! Stopping dead in my tracks, I quickly turn in all directions. Luckily, the Rake was not around me.
"JEFF??!"
I call out in the hope he would hear me. But instead, I caught the attention of the wrong thing. The moment my echoing voice faded through the trees, becoming silent, a loud bellowing roar erupted from in front of me. The Rake slowly stalking towards me. Begging to circle around me. It's large eyes glued on me like prey. 
Soon enough, it stops circling and turns to face me straight on. I take the opportunity to try and manipulate it's body, staring deep into it's eyes. But nothing. I just couldn't control it. I begin to hyperventilate as I slowly back away, but it suddenly screeches and begins to to charge at me, I turn to run but smack head first into a thick tree. Knocking me down, falling on my back as the world around me blurs but remains conscious. Unable to move, I faintly watch as the blurry figure that is the Rakes body hurtles towards me. However, another blur appears, jumping on the Rake, forcing it to the side, causing it to fall. What followed were a series of growls and screams. Screams of pain, coming from two different sources.

Jeff T.K. POV
I call out to [Name]. So many times. Over and over. Running through the forest, weaving in and out of the trees and bushes. Until finally, I hear her call my name. However, the moment I hear her voice, I instantly hear the fierce roar of the Rake. He had found her.
I had to hurry. Hurry to find and help [Name]. I knew this would probably end up with me dead. But I didn't care about that. As long as she is alive, living her life. That's all that matters.
Running in the direction of the sounds made by the monster stalking [Name], I finally manage to catch up. Watching as the Rake circles her, watching her intensely. I wanted to jump in there and then. Attack him with all my might. But I needed to catch my breath first. No point going into a fight if I'm already exhausted. Unfortunately, I didn't have time for that. The Rake bolts towards [Name]. To which she turns and runs, only to hit a tree and fall down. Fucking idiot!
Not waiting a second more, I charge at the Rake. Lunging at him, pushing him away, forcing him to the ground. Although, he was much bigger then me and a lot stronger than EJ, so he was able to throw me off almost instantly. Luckily his attention was no longer on [Name] as she lay on the floor dazed. Unluckily for me, his attention was now focused on me 100%. Not even a glance in [Name]'s direction.