Hugs & Kisses

I watch in fascination at the glimmering city lights beneath us. New York is so beautiful at night!

"C'mon Emmy. We need to go back inside." Sunny tugs my arm impatiently.

"Hold on, will you?" I make shooing motions and gaze at the lights. Ah, so pretty. I take a couple more pictures with my phone, probably accumulating a good hundred pictures already.

"Mom and dad are waiting for us." He grumbles, pulling me towards the door. "I don't even think we are allowed up on the rooftop anyways."

"As long as we don't get caught, it should be fine. Live a little! Aren't you supposed the dangerous bad boy or something?" I laugh. Then, I realize what he let slip and sullen up a bit. "You just said 'mom and dad.'"

Sunny opens his mouth and then closes it with a frown. "I guess I did, huh?" He contemplates something in his head before shrugging. He decides to change the subject.

"The bad boy is such a lame label Emmy. I'm not in high school anymore anyways; I've matured." He comments.

"Right..." I raise an eyebrow. He's matured in a couple months.

"Ugh," He runs his hand through his hair to messy it up. "C'mon."

"Alright, you partypooper." I sigh. Being spontaneous, I start taking pictures of him, for memories I think.

"Hey!" he covers up his face. Yes, Jason is a little camera shy. I don't really know why since he's photogenic.

"What?" I whistle innocently and smile. "let's go!" He mumbles something under his breath that I don't quite catch. I choose not to care.

"So this is where you two troublemakers have been hiding?" My dad huffs, though the twinkle in his eyes shows he's merely teasing.

"Blame Emmy for wanting to take a picture of every single building from the roof..." Jason rolls his eyes.

I only reply by sticking out my tongue at him.

"I don't blame her," my mom grins. "This is a breathtaking view up here."

"Almost as beautiful as you," my dad winks.

"Dad, that was so cheesy..." I shake my head and sigh deeply. Jason copies me.

"But she loves my cheesiness." He leans in and hugs my mom affectionately. They stare lovingly at each other.

"They totally forgot we're here, didn't they?" Sunny whispers.

"Should we give them privacy?" I whisper back. And then my nose decides to choose this moment and itch, making me sneeze rather loudly.

Well, that definitely broke the romantic moment. I see my parents break apart and blush. I'm happy they are still very much in love, sometimes a little grossed out but mainly happy.

"Want to go to Times Square?" My mom suggests. "We have more than an hour until midnight so we can roam around and sightsee."

"Sure, but I'm feeling a bit stuffed." I rub my stomach from the delicious food we had eaten. Not only had the food been simply savory, but the restaurant itself had been the nicest place I've ever been.

"It's not like we will walk there silly." My mom pinches my cheek as if I'm a little kid. I move away a bit in embarrassment.

"How cute." Sunny teases me and pinches my other cheek. I give him my best glare.

We all head on down and exit the restaurant. My mom calls our driver to pick us up and bring us to Times Square. I've never even been out of California, so this is all an incredible experience. I get to spend family quality time with everyone, something we haven't done in ages.

"How are the streets still so crowded?" I gasp in surprise at the bustling city.

"Because people aren't asleep yet?" Jason adds with sarcasm.

"Mom! Dad! Take a picture!" I beam, moving into a bunch of silly poses. I grab Sunny along, much to his protests. Elbowing him, I order, "C'mon doofus, flash those pearly whites of yours." I see him force an unnatural smile out, looking like he's about to murder someone rather than he's enjoying himself. He seems to smile perfectly on a normal basis. Well, not lately because of the whole Zach business. It's just for pictures he can never smile naturally. I laugh and then decide to hop on his back to surprise him. It's a little bit more difficult than I initially think it would be. My dress clings to me awkwardly, but then again, I wore my black spanks underneath. Still, balancing is a little bit difficult.

"Whoa!" Jason laughs, caught off guard. "Emmy, I could've dropped you!" There's his smiles. He looks more his age, happier and carefree. To be honest, I haven't really seen that look of joy in him for a while.

"But you didn't!" We do a bit more poses while my parents act dorky as they take our picture. I can see we are grabbing some strange looks from people, especially since the four of us are nicely dressed. Hey, it's New York City, you see some really weird things here.

"Your turn!" I pull in my parents and we all take more pictures. I'm just a big ball of energy, tugging the three of them to all these different areas for pictures. I just want to remember this special memory, who knows when we can all do this again? I can't predict the future, so I'm going to live through tonight the best it can be.

"Emmalyn dear, I know you're very excited but your mom and I are growing old. We can't keep up with you if you run around without stopping." My dad laughs, even though he is perfectly fit since he's been conditioning his body all his life.

"Fine..." I pout. I look through all the pictures we have taken, a sum of three hundred! "I guess we have enough..."

"We have plenty," Jason yawns.

"I guess we can head on back to the plane." I nod, noticing the tired look showing on my parents' faces.

"We can always watch a movie on the way back and eat some popcorn." My mom says.

"Sure!" I grin and we all head back to the plane and aboard it.

"This was the best night ever!" I cheer.

"Yeah, it was a nice break from stress and stuff." My brother stretches and beams.

"We're sorry that we haven't spent a lot of quality time as a family recently." Both of my parents feel bad.

"It's not a big deal, we have many more years still." Jason replies.

"I love you all so much!" I sigh as I feel myself drifting off to sleep. I guess I'm more tired than I think. No movies for me.

"I love you too," my mom pecks my forehead along with my dad. The last thing I remember before dozing off is Jason whispering, "I love you sis. Thank you."

-----------

A/N

I'm not that great with endings. Any comments? Critiques?

Thanks to everyone for reading (:

I'm bummed that I ended this story.

It's my first completely story though (:

I'm thinking of making a new story and I'll upload it today? It's another stepbrother story though this time I have a set plot going and it is more consistent in updates and with character development (hopefully). Do you guys have any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you once again!

I'm not even sure if any of you read this (oh well hah)

Lots of love,

Bye <3