9 | Splash & Crash

BRYCE

"Babe, don't go." I beg Alyssa as she dragged her suitcase behind her.

"Bryce, I have to work." She said, checking her phone real quick. The maids get her suitcase and start heading downstairs.

"Why work? You have me, a sick billionaire. You don't need to work anymore." I tell her as she just watched me with amusement.

"Babe, I don't want to depend on you all the time. I'm an independent woman." She smiles brightly.

Tonight, Alyssa will be working. She will be flying to Italy then to Spain then to Greece. I don't want her to go.

"Come back okay. I'll miss you." I whisper, kissing her temple. She moves away and puts a hand over my bare chest,"I love you."

"I love you too." I lean in for a kiss, but she evades it and instead kisses my cheek. She smiles and walks off.

Maria

"Alyssa, you CANNOT leave me here with Bryce." I whisper yell as my friend walks to the front door, looking so beautiful in her flight attendant attire.

"You will be fine, Ria. I have to go. Bye." She waves at me before getting into the car, driving off to the airport.

I close my eyes for a second, trying to relax. Everything will be fine. I just need to stay out of Bryce's way and I'll survive. I've been here for 2 days already. Its really hard. Bryce hates my guts and isn't afraid to show it.

I look up the stairs and groan. I'm going to die here.

* * *

The next morning, I prepared the breakfast for the Hemsworth family and waited for the maids to serve them before I disappeared back into my room.

"Good morning Miss Claire," I greet the young heiress who enters the kitchen wearing sweat pants probably back from her morning jog. She gives me a small smile before walking out with a carton of fresh milk.

I look at my phone, seeing that there weren't any messages from my family. I sigh. Do they not miss me?

I look up when I heard someone enter the kitchen. I duck when I saw it was Bryce. Why the hell is he having breakfast?!

Not that its bad.

But...

He's supposed to not have breakfast. Especially that Alyssa's not down here. Usually they have breakfast together or he just has coffee with him when he leaves.

He starts getting impatient.

Where are the servers?!

"Charles?!" He calls one of the cleaners in the house but no one hears him.

I shut my eyes, praying the girls come to serve. I mean, we made a deal that they would serve.

I accidently knock the tray with cups which made a noise and my hearts thumps faster when I saw Bryce look over to the kitchen.

Shit!

"Who's there?! Where's my breakfast!?" Bryce's impatient voice booms.

Sighing, I stand up from my place and wave awkwardly when he saw that it was me. He clenches his jaw and turns away. I serve him pancakes and eggs with bacon. I pour him some juice just as Mrs. Hemsworth and her husband comes into the room for breakfast and behind her I saw Serra, the one who should be serving. She sees me and mouths sorry. HA!

I make a move to leave but Mrs. Hemsworth stops me. "Sit down and have breakfast with us, Maria."

"I'm sorry but I can't." I say after I saw Bryce gripping his fork.

"Sit down. You will be carrying our grandchild, we want to make sure you have a healthy and strong body." She states and sits down, leaving no room for me to answer. I sit down beside Bryce but he looks at me with the scariest look in his eyes. "Get the hell away from me and never ever sit in this chair."

"Its just a cha-" I start but he cuts me off.

"Its Alyssa's chair. Now fucking move." He grits at me and I get up, trying to not cry as I do so.

* * *

"Ugly girl," Charles calls me when I was washing up the dishes.

"I have a name and its Maria." I tell him, not feeling fine.

"Whatever ugly girl. Sir Bryce forgot his briefcase and his PA said he's very moody as fuck right now and no one wants to approach him especially with Maam Alyssa gone. So... looks like you will be taking this to him." Charles pushes the briefcase into my arms.

"What!? No!" I try to give it back but he moves away, smirking. "Go on. Move along. When you get back, there are 5 big baskets of dirty laundry waiting to be washed. Toodles!" And he scurrys off.

I go up to my room, taking a shower before putting on something appropriate and nice to wear in a big company building like the Hemsworth's building. I put my hair in a pony tail but then somehow it broke. I sigh, but the times is running. I grab the briefcase and started my journey to deliver this object.

* * *

"You are Maria Abernathy, right?" The girl who I think is the personal assistant asked me when i came by outside Bryce's office.

I nodded and she looks at me disgusted. "What your father did was unforgivable."

"I'm here to deliver this not to talk about my father's mistake." I say fiercely. She sighs and gestures to the door to Bryce's office.

I knock on the door before going in to find Bryce fiercly typing away on his laptop. There was a huge TV, showing the news. He sees me and stops. "What do you want Abernathy?"

"Your briefcase sir." I show him the briefcase before placing it on his desk.

He doesn't say thank you and continues on with his work.

"Before you go, serve me a cup of coffee." He says without looking up. I notice the 3 coffee mugs on the desk behind him. I went to the mini kitchen and saw that there was packet of milo there so i decided to make him a cup of hot milo. I brought it to him and he takes a sip only to spit it back into the mug.

"What the fuck!" He yells and I close my eyes. "This is not what i asked for."

"Sir, you consumed too much coffee. Milo is much better." I try to tell him but he gets off his chair and stares at me.

"I don't give a damn which is better. I ordered coffee." He gives me the mug and walks back but i was too mad. I splash the drink at him and he stops in his tracks.

I gulp. Oh shit!

He turns back and glares at me.

"I'm sorry Bryce." I rushed.

Then he suddenly runs to me and i quickly run away. He started chasing me around his desk and then when he knew he couldn't catch me , he pushes his desk away and grabs me.

"Gotcha." He smirks at me.

"I said I'm sorry." I repeat.

"Are you now?" He cocks a brow.

He stares at me and I stare back. Damn, he's gorgeous.

We were just gazing at eachother when all of a sudden, the newscaster said something that made Bryce move back.

"Speed Bird 508. That's Alyssa's flight." Bryce whispered. I look at the TV. It was news about a plane crash. He whips his phone out and talks to someone. "'Fucking hell! Lyle, please find her. I'll meet you there." And then he hung up.

"Bryce, Alyssa will be fine. She-" I was cut off.

"Just get out Maria." He ordered, packing a few things before leaving first.

I hope Alyssa is okay.