Chapter 2

I don't own Percy Jackson or any of the characters associated with the books, they belong to Rick Riordan.

In this chapter, there are spoilers for the books. I'm just letting you know for if you haven't read them yet. 

Percy's pov

It's been half a year since I left camp. Everyone is trying like crazy to find me, though I don't know why. I'm not going to let them find me. I've nearly been caught a couple of times by campers and the hunters, but I've been able to get away before they can catch up to me.

I've been thinking of what I could do for a living now, and I've decided to become an assassin. One who takes care of monsters and saves the innocent. I've made my black assassin cloak, a black mask that has gold designs on; what looks like it has the universe in the background. I've been working on my skills and the blessings that I have.

Right now, I'm going through a forest looking for monsters to kill.

So far today, I've killed about twenty. All of a sudden, a portal opens up in front of me, and a man steps out. This actually isn't the most unusual thing I have seen before.

The man is wearing a black suit. He has hair that is coloured a deep black. Hair that seems untamed but tamed at the same time. Littered throughout his hair, there are small white dots. It gives me the impression of something. His skin is lightly toned.

His eyes... are mesmerising. As the background, his eyes are black. Then the rest of his eyes – besides the pupils – are coloured. Coloured like the universe. These little coloured specks are moving, swirling, around slowly. It gives the viewer the image of staring at the universe up close, almost like you can just reach out and touch it.

He is wearing a suit. This suit is black. Completely black, besides the tie around his neck. His tie is almost an exact replica of his eyes. It only shows more of a larger area. Literally, the entire tie is covered in the image of a universe slowly moving. He appears to be about twenty-five.

I immediately know who this is.

This man is the one who made everything we live around today. He is Chaos, the Creator of the Universe. Though, he hasn't been seen on earth for eons. By anyone.

I quickly bow before him, wandering if Chaos could be the person the Fates told me would give me an offer; one that will change the future for the better or worse.

"I guess that you have figured out that my name is Chaos. It normally takes people longer to figure out who I am. There is no need to be formal with me Perseus." Chaos says so I stand up.

I'm surprised by his structured and rigid sentence. Because 'I guess' is not a word that you would expect the oldest being in the universe to use. Especially on the first time meeting him. So, this... does this mean that he is different from every other immortal on earth?

"Just Percy please." I answer staring at him.

"Okay Percy, I have a proposition for you." Chaos starts – he really isn't being formal at all, is he? "Do you want to stay here and work on becoming an assassin by yourself or do you want to come to Planet Chaos and work to become an assassin that can do many things with my help? With only me and the Fates knowing what you have been up too? If you come with me, I'll also help you with the powers you have gotten, so that you can master them quicker. You better pick quick, there is a quest group looking for you, and they are almost upon us." Chaos finishes checking his watch – wait, since when was he wearing a white watch?

"I think that I will come with you!" I say after thinking about it for a minute.

"Okay, follow me through the portal I will open up." Chaos says in a giddy tone.