Chapter 3

I don't own Percy Jackson or any of the character associated with any of the series' written by Rick Riordan

Percy's POV

I'm going to see Chaos right now. This is because I'm now ready to go back to Earth. To go back to the place I was betrayed from, although everyone should have known that I would never do what they claim I did. It's just not in my nature. It never has been and never will.

I never do anything to purposely hurt another – well, unless it is training, though I never go full out on any recruit.

I walk through the corridors of the castle, well palace because of its ginormous size. It is actually a lot larger on the inside then it looks to be on the outside. The explanation: Chaos is the oldest being in existence and has powers none can fathom sometimes. I walk until I get to the throne room.

When I get there, I see Chaos on his throne like he normally is, so I stride up to him.

"Hello Lord Chaos." I say mockingly dropping into a mocking bow whilst hiding a smile, just to annoy him.

"Percy, how many times have I told you not to be formal with me?" Chaos questions annoyed, his eyebrow raised in an unimpressed arch.

"Hmm, about 538,090 times Chaos." I reply after thinking for a few moments.

"I think it's more than that!" Chaos thinks aloud before mentally adding all the times together. "No wait, hmm, it is 538,090 times."

"Told you Chaos." He shoots me an insufferable look, though I can detect fondness radiating from him.

"Uh-huh. Are you going back to Earth as an assassin today?" Chaos inquires.

"Yes, I am." I reply flashing my watch into existence to check the time before flashing it away – it is the same thing that Chaos did when I first encountered him.

"Don't worry about going back. You will be great! Especially because you are the greatest assassin in the universe!" Chaos reassures – he thinks I'm nervous, doesn't he? – in a barely concealed giddy tone.

"Chaos, how many times do I have to tell you that I'm not the greatest assassin in the universe?" I try to point out, trying to subtly tell him he needs to stop bringing it up – a thing which is untrue – but it is always a thing of which he ignores and tries to make me see differently.

"Percy, you are way too modest. You don't take credit for anything big. You are the best assassin in the universe, so stop telling yourself otherwise." Chaos says sternly, before losing the sternness in his voice when it is replaced by worry. "Now you are ready to go to Earth, right?"

"Yes, I am Chaos." I reply

"Are you sure?" Chaos asks again.

"Yes, I am sure Chaos."

"You know what I mean!" Chaos sighs in worry.

"Chaos, I am ready to face the betrayal." My voice doesn't let any sign show as to why that is, I'd rather keep it to myself. "Now, can I go?"

I'm starting to get annoyed. Chaos is like a parent to me now, but he is too overprotective. Seriously, this is the truth. He is way too protective of me.

"Okay you can go, but wait a minute; please?" Chaos pleads giving me the puppy eyes – a thing of which I was quick to learn he does in my stay here.

"Alright." I answer with a groan.

Chaos may be the oldest being in the universe, but it annoys me when he asks me lots of questions. Or when he tries to get me to do something I don't want to do. Or train someone I don't want to train. Or tells me to stay in the exact same position for hours on end without the slightest movement.