Chapter 16

Finally! I'm done packing everything. Adam helped me pack my stuff from my apartment which wasn't very much since I stayed alone. The majority of the stuff in the boxes was my clothes and my other personal items.

So, I haven't gone back to work because Adam insists I take a bit of time off to heal fully and rest my body.

The man in question came back into the living to take another box down to the car. We are going to take both his and my car, so that we don't take multiple trips, so we were loading up the cars and we would be set.

Your probably wondering what happened my lovely Polo. Well, I sold it. Yes, I did. I'll miss the good times with that beaut.

Anyway, I lifted a box of my own and took it to my car. I came up and Adam had the last box.

I looked around the bare apartment and I felt a bit of saddness. I loved this place but I have to move on with life. Onwards and upwards.

I smiled one last time and locked the door. While Adam walked to his car, I stopped at Apartment 1. I knocked on the door and waited patiently for the manager to open the door.

"Hey Mindy. I'm done packing my stuff and I've loaded it into the car. I locked the door and here are the keys." I said to the short woman in her fifties.

She smiled sadly at me, "We'll miss you Blake. But, good luck on your journey."

I nodded and hugged her. I turned around and headed outside. Adam was seated in his new Range Rover Lumma. He sold his Ferrari and bought the Range Rover, which currently have some of my boxes in it.

He looked up and I gave him a thumbs up, which got a smile and nod in return. He was excited that I was moving in with him. I am too. I got in my car and buckled my seatbelt. You know what happened next! Music.

By the way, Adam bought a new Jaguar to replace the one that got badly damaged in the accident. I tried talking him out of it but it was no use, he was deadest on buying me another one.

I put my 'Chill Playlist' on shuffle. The first song that came on was Company by Justin Bieber.

I started the engine and drove past Adam knowing he wants me to go first so that he can follow me. Since the accident, he's become extra careful when it comes to me and cars. It's both endearing but a little annoying at the same time.

The drive to Adam's house was filled with loud music and my singing. I sang every lyric of every song. 

When I got to his house, I parked just outside the garage and put on Guatemala by Swae Lee and Slim Jxmmi.

I love the song and I got out of the car and danced as Adam drove into the gate. He was highly amused as he parked beside me and switched his car off. He came round to me and pulled my back into his chest, put his hands on my waist and danced with me.

"Welcome home baby." He whispered in my ear.

I just turned around in his arms and gave him a wide grin. I kissed him and broke off from his embrace to switch off the car. I grabbed my phone and the keys and went to open the trunk.

I opened the trunk and took a box and went inside the house. I got a call and I placed the box down before checking the caller ID. It was my mom and suddenly, I got excited. I told her and dad that I was moving in with Adam. They were happy for me and I was glad.

"Hey mommy. What's up?" I asked enthusiastically and Adam came into the house with a box in his hands. He put it down and gestured to me that he'll take more boxes while I'm still in the phone and I nodded at him.

I heard a sniffle and face fell," Blake, honey. Uh, something happened."

"Mom, what happened." I asked with fear and confusion lacing my tone. I'm sure my face also expressed the same.

Adam saw this as he came back into the house. He put the boxes down by the others and came to stand beside me with furrowed eyebrows. He came to stand close to me and put his hand in the small of my back.

After the brief silence I heard sniffling again and mom answered in a small voice that indicated that she had been crying, "It's about your dad."

My heart was beating faster with anticipation and I was growing more nervous and scared at what was going on.

"Mom? What is it? Just tell me please."

"Blake, your dad is dead. He got shot last night while he was in duty a-and he didn't m-make it."

No. No. No. No. Not dad. My brain seemed to fail to process this but my heart dropped to my feet nonetheless. My face fell.

"Mom? Your not serious. This has to be some type of joke." I said with my voice shaking. Her sniffles and sobs confirmed the gruesome truth and I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it.

Tears immediately pooled in my eyes and fell down my cheeks as I put a hand to my mouth.

"Blake? What's going on?" Adam asked with concern in his tone and written on his face.

I felt my phone drop from my hands and land on the floor. Before I knew it, I was following it. My legs gave in and I didn't have control over my body anymore.

I could faintly hear Adam yell my name as he caught me. I couldn't keep my eyes closed as everything went black.

A/N: Jay, noooo😢😭.....

I hope y'all are enjoying the story. I really appreciate all the votes. I'm really grateful💖

Please vote and comment☺