[16] Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Song: Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen(w a t c h the video, it's g r e a t)

I really want to make an x reader with someone(don't know who yet) where the reader and the person it's about are in Dema(like as in and actual place, not metaphorical Dema) and they work together to escape(most likely a Josh Dun x reader but idk)

If you don't know what Dema is...listen to Trench by Twenty One Pilots...and all their other albums. You won't regret it👌

Y/n's POV

The sounds of the water in the lake filled the silence of the night. Crickets everywhere made their own music in the soft breeze of the early October air. I pulled the blanket closer to me and tugged on the hoodie's sleeves, feeling the wind pick up slightly. Sitting on the small, outdoor couch on the porch, I took a deep breath, listening to the song that was quietly playing on the small radio next to me.

It's been a couple of weeks since the small argument between Mark and I. The morning after, he acted as if it never happened. Everything was back the way it was before the conversation we had the night before. As if I never cried into his chest, as if he never told me anything about his history. He was flirting, he made jokes here and there, everything was back to normal. Though, he started acting nicer towards me. No more arguments, no more snarky comments. I don't know what changed in him, but I wasn't complaining.

Though, things have been different for me. Hiding a big secret that I couldn't hide for much longer was a burden. I knew I couldn't hide it for much longer and I wasn't ready to tell Mark. The things it would change would be too much and theres no telling how he would react.

Pulling me from my thoughts, the front door opened, allowing the light from inside to cover as much ground as it possibly could. Mark stepped out onto the porch and smiled when his eyes met mine. Shutting the door quietly, he stepped over to me and took a seat next to me on the small couch I was sitting on. My legs were bent to my chest to make as much room for him as I could before he grabbed my feet and laid them on his legs. "You gotta share the blanket somehow." He grinned, shrugging his shoulders.

I laughed quietly. "Get your own, there are others inside."

"Yes, but I prefer feeling the warmth of someone while sharing a blanket. It's warmer." Mark smirked.

I rolled my eyes and looked back out towards the lake in front and below us through the trees. Small, clear drops of water began to fall from the dark sky, creating a relaxing sound when they hit the leaves on the trees and the dirt on the ground. Glancing at Mark, a soft smile was on his face as he stared out in front of him. He turned his head, catching me staring at him. Quickly, I looked away, hiding my embarrassed face. Laughing, he pat my legs gently, making me laugh slightly too.

Suddenly, the rain started pouring harder but not enough to go inside. Mark and I continued staring out at the rain in silence, the music from the radio next to us slightly playing over the sound of the rain hitting the ground.

"This is great." Mark grinned, looking over at me. "Really calming."

I nodded in agreement, a slight smile on my face. The end of the song played and the next one started. I immediately recognized the guitar tune, straightening my back and smiling widely at Mark(Song at top). He stared back at me in confusion, an amused smile on his face.

"This is one of my favorite songs! Queen! One of the best bans in history!" I squealed in excitement.
(If you don't agree...uuh..just take out the last part \(•~•)/  )

Mark giggled to himself as I began lip syncing the first line and danced with my upper half. He grabbed my hand standing up, pulling me up with him. He looked at me with a wide, playful smile and sang the next part along to the song. "This thing called love I must get round to it."
(I promise it sounds less cheesy if you listen to the song XD)