Chapter 16

Josie's POV

I felt my stomach turn as I read Billies text she had just sent me.

Billie: hey
Billie: can we talk about last night?

I sat and thought about what to respond back to her for a second.

I wasn't ready for this conversation at all. I have no idea what to expect to come out of it. She's probably just going to tell me that it wasn't anything serious to her to clear the air between us.

Josie: yeah... whats up?

Billie: come over in the morning?

Josie: sounds good

I set my phone down as I laid in bed thinking about what to say to her tomorrow. There's no way I'm getting any sleep now.

Once I woke up I remembered that I had to go over Billies. The small amount of sleep I did get last night helped me briefly forget how nervous I am.

I groaned as I rolled out of bed and walked into my bathroom to get ready.

I ended up throwing on a pair of joggers and a cropped sweatshirt, slipping on a pair of Adidas sneakers as well.

I grabbed my phone as I headed out the door and sent her a text letting her know I was going to be on my way.

Josie: leaving now... be there soon

Billie: ok see u soon

As I was on my way I stopped and grabbed her and I coffees. Mostly, to stall my actual arrival at her place.

I took a deep breath as I put my car in park in front of the familiar apartment building. I grabbed the coffees and swung open my door and began to make my way up to her apartment.

I stopped as I got to the door, mentally preparing myself for what was about to happen. I lightly knocked three times on the door and impatiently waited for her to answer.

"Hey." She held a soft smile on her face.

"I brought coffees." I said as I held them up.

"You didn't have to do that." She said as she grabbed one from my hand and lead me to the family room.

"I know. I wanted to." I smiled as I sat down on the couch, her joining me.

Then there was an awkward tension between us as neither of us wanted to start the conversation.

"So last night." She started, fiddling with her fingers, it's nice to see I'm not the only nervous one right now.

"Yeah..." I trailed off, not knowing where this was going.

"I um-" She began to talk, but stopped.

I glanced at her to see she seemed to be at a loss for words. She looked so concentrated as she looked at the ground, gathering her thoughts.